Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

Boys and Girls, I don't know about you but it is just about Christmas time for this old fishing deprived fat boy. 5 total days on the water since June of 2007 was not nearly enough for me but that is just about to all change and in a big way. This Thursday thru Sunday at Dale Hollow chasing some pre-spawn Brownfish, then 2 days at Barren River to fish a tourney at the end of the month, 4 days at Ky and Barkley the first week of April, another 6 days the third week of April on Ky and Barkley, then 3 more days on Ky and Barkley the first week of May (with 1 day being spent with the MASTER, Dave Stewart and the other 2 days with my 4 year old Son and wife on our first extended family fishing trip). I don't know about the rest of you but I am either watching fishing, reading fishing, internet surfing fishing, thinking about fishing or wishing I was fishing. My buddy Hens went plum BANANAS with all his recent purchases, 100MPH suit, rain bibs, rain jackets, new cranks, new traps, new hooks, changing hooks on traps, new tungsten sinkers, but most of all, the man went and purchased me a Day Runner Electric Winch for my boat to eliminate any more hernias. Even has it set up to get it installed if needed (Heck of a nice fella that Mr. Henson). It will be really nice pushing my little remote switch and watching my boat just magically move right on up to the roller. No more wading, no more pushing and tugging for it is tough to get a Deep V loaded on the shallower ramps. Am I the only one that is eat plum up with fishing or are there more of you that are just like me. I just recently admitted that I am a Smallaholic and have called the Largemouth Bass in the past Green Carp, Trash fish and other various names to which I will publicly admit I was wrong. I am still a Smallaholic and always will be, but I will also admit that I am a Fishaholic as well. The only cure I see is constant casting, retrieving, hook setting, landing and releasing of anything that swims. Now where are my powerball numbers for surely Wednesday night is my night to hit the big one. No more work for my wife, no more Prison sentence at Toyota for my buddy Hens for he will not have any time to work since we will be on the lake a good 5 days out of 7 on average with it more towards the 7 than the 5. Anybody know of a good divorce lawyer for I made need one of those as well. Good fishing to you all and hope it is more catchin than fishin and we are just about to the time of the year when it could be called Catchin instead of Fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

ELwood...I also have the "disease" you're referring to...although not to go against what you said, but I do not believe there is a cure...you may only find temporary relief but no permanent cure is available.

Hey...I like the sound of that "extended family fishing trip" you're taking with Dave Stewart, that sounds like a heck of a nice time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    ELwood...I also have the "disease" you're referring to...although not to go against what you said, but I do not believe there is a cure...you may only find temporary relief but no permanent cure is available.

Hey...I like the sound of that "extended family fishing trip" you're taking with Dave Stewart, that sounds like a heck of a nice time.

We have had Joshua in the boat a few times but only on a small lake in Indiana. It will be his first on BIG WATER. We are staying at Ken Lake for a few days and if the wind blows it will be North Barkley but if not it will be South Kentucky. I bought him his first rod and reel a few weeks back and we put fresh line in it last night. I figure my wife in the back with a spinning reel in hand and a Senko or Trick Worm and my son and I up front with anything will catch fish for us all. Can't wait to play NETBOY for either of them. More for them to catch fish than me, but......I will have to land a couple myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut your buddy Hen looks pretty smart, we have had a ton of rain here in Illinois that 100 MPH rain gear is going to be nice. Good luck on all your trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut, when will you be at Ky Lake? I'll be there 4/15-4/19 with a trip with so called MASTER on 4/17. We will be staying at the Moors.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you make room for a night of eye fishing ol buddy. It won't be long until them marble eyes will be shining bright under that glissening moon. I have got the fever bad, love the spring time, stripes, walleye, hybrids, it don't matter but definatley my favorite time of the year. I wonder if those lawyers have a special fishing rate for all of us or at least a discount for groups, you may just have to count me in lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm1 View Post
    Elnut, when will you be at Ky Lake? I'll be there 4/15-4/19 with a trip with so called MASTER on 4/17. We will be staying at the Moors.
    I will be there April 2 thru the 4th with my Dad and Brother(yes I am taking my Dad fishing EVEN though he never found time to take me, really just wanting to put about 60 in the boat to rub it in a bit and if my 30 year old brother acts like a 2 year old, he will be swimming back to the ramp for he just may get one of those "Hooks" that I am now famous for and it will not be a treble or Gamakatsu), April 13th thru 18th with my Buddy Chunknwind (Planning on slaying them this week), and May 4th thru 8th with my 4 year old son and my wife on our first extended family fishing trip and my son Joshua's first time on BIG WATER. These are the defineate days and you never know about me, depending on whether or not we can find them, there just may be some more days in between all of these. The first 2 trips, we are staying on North Barkley and the last trip we are staying at Ken Lake. I am going with THE MASTER, not the so called master, Mr. Dave Stewart as well on May 5th that he so graciously donated due to all the problems that I had in the past. I am not you, but if I was you, I would try to get my trip with the MASTER on my first day of my trip instead of the middle of my trip. I am sure Dave will help you out the first couple of days before getting in his boat, but you just can't tell it all without seeing it in action. Good Luck and hope to see you on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcbasser View Post
    Make sure you make room for a night of eye fishing ol buddy. It won't be long until them marble eyes will be shining bright under that glissening moon. I have got the fever bad, love the spring time, stripes, walleye, hybrids, it don't matter but definatley my favorite time of the year. I wonder if those lawyers have a special fishing rate for all of us or at least a discount for groups, you may just have to count me in lol.
    You let me know Mike when I need to be at Laurel catching these 'Eyes at night and I will be there. With you working weekends and off on a couple of weekdays we will hit it during the week to avoid some of that weekend traffic. Let me know and my boat will be in tow. Never caught a Walleye but I have eaten my share and all I can say is YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM. Catch and release Bass fisherman but any Striper over 15lbs or eating size or better Walley will some how find my cooler, then my fillet knife, then my skillet in a heartbeat. You got my number, just let me know and I am there. I have said it several time on this board but will say it again, I really appreciate you driving from McKee Ky to visit me in the hospital. Sorry the first time I ever met you was under those circumstances but the next time will be on the ramp just before a whole lot of Catchin takes place. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Am I the only one that is eat plum up with fishing or are there more of you that are just like me.
    I think I'm pretty ate up with it, but I can't pretend to match you. Yours are some of the most entertaining and interesting posts on this board, and it's great to see you getting back into the swing of things.