Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My apology and my 300th post

I want to apologize to all fishermen and boaters on fishin.com
    I left work and retired early on 1/28/2008. I'm sured it's rained or sleeted or snowed or hailed every day since then. Has anyone seen the sun in 2008? Is it still up there in the sky?

However, with all the bad weather, I still prefer sleeping late than going to work. Blood pressure is down but my weight is going up.

Oh well. I'll have 10 days at Barkley in April and 4 days near New Orleans for redfish the end of April.

300th POST

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My apology and my 300th post

Happy...er 300th, and good luck on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My apology and my 300th post

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I want to apologize to all fishermen and boaters on fishin.com
    I left work and retired early on 1/28/2008. I'm sured it's rained or sleeted or snowed or hailed every day since then. Has anyone seen the sun in 2008? Is it still up there in the sky?

However, with all the bad weather, I still prefer sleeping late than going to work. Blood pressure is down but my weight is going up.

Oh well. I'll have 10 days at Barkley in April and 4 days near New Orleans for redfish the end of April.

300th POST
    No problem, now get back to work before Spring gets here!! Ha ha, I'll be in Florida chasing a few of the big reds in the Indian River at the end of April.
    Hope we both have some good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Tyme,DJD, What do you usually use for bait when you target redfish?? It seems ever time I'm down in Ft.walton I catch them on a "Gotcha" off the pier when I'm fishing for spanish, and kings. Are you all fishing bays, and flats?? they are fun to catch and I can't wait for my trip to Fla. this year...and happy 300 tyme, I'm almost there. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Riverrat12: This will be my first time ever fishing for reds so I have no idea. I'll post on the trip when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Tyme,DJD, What do you usually use for bait when you target redfish?? It seems ever time I'm down in Ft.walton I catch them on a "Gotcha" off the pier when I'm fishing for spanish, and kings. Are you all fishing bays, and flats?? they are fun to catch and I can't wait for my trip to Fla. this year...and happy 300 tyme, I'm almost there. Chuck
    RR12,
    We are fishing Mosquito Lagoon close to the Space Shuttle Lauch Pad (not real close but in that general area) around Titusville.
    Yep mainly flats and ditches, we can spot them by the "v" wake that a school of them make and or just watch the baitfish getting airborne trying to get away from them. Our best trip was in September years ago and we had hundreds of these fish all around us! The water was copper/red from all the backs of fish around us man it was awesome. We catch alot of Trout while fishing the flats and we have always used swimbaits (30years or more) funny how that's a big deal with Bass fishing now. Grew up doing this so I can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: My apology and my 300th post

I know it's been awhile since I seen the sun...Heck I can't even get outside and work on my boat trailer lighting, due to the rain. My boat is still wet from Saturday's trip to Dale Hollow. By the way I never even got a sniff from a fish... I tell ya, I sure hate to be in the shoes of the actual first fish I detect this year tugging on my line.....I can promise he'll be airborne from the hook set for sure....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Clyde,
    Pull a Mike I. on him and start yelling at him while your holding his mouth wide open! Get up and shout! Dance on the deck! Lol see ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    RR12,
    We are fishing Mosquito Lagoon close to the Space Shuttle Lauch Pad (not real close but in that general area) around Titusville.
    Yep mainly flats and ditches, we can spot them by the "v" wake that a school of them make and or just watch the baitfish getting airborne trying to get away from them. Our best trip was in September years ago and we had hundreds of these fish all around us! The water was copper/red from all the backs of fish around us man it was awesome. We catch alot of Trout while fishing the flats and we have always used swimbaits (30years or more) funny how that's a big deal with Bass fishing now. Grew up doing this so I can't wait!!
    I found that off the pier they where the deeper spieces, if I let my bait sink almost to the bottem I would pick up the reds. I got two real big ones right off the bat the last time I was down there a guy said one was the biggest he'd seen that year, of course I had to break them off because noone had one of them basket type things you use to land them off the pier. so in about 30 minutes i was out 2 of my 4 bait I brought so I kept my bait shallow the rest of the day and brought home my limit of spanish. I can't wait to get back.Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck that dang river is gonna be up in downtown Clarksville pretty soon. You'll be able to launch straight off the exit on 65 and you'll end up in Cannellton before you are able to get the motor started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Chuck that dang river is gonna be up in downtown Clarksville pretty soon. You'll be able to launch straight off the exit on 65 and you'll end up in Cannellton before you are able to get the motor started.
    I hear ya Mark, even the creek I fish when the waters high is going to be a mess. I might have to fish for one of my pets up in Lagrange, or find me some flooded bottoms to snag...either way I,m wettin a line, got a house full of relatives from MO. in...GOT TO GET AWAY...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    I hear ya Mark, even the creek I fish when the waters high is going to be a mess. I might have to fish for one of my pets up in Lagrange, or find me some flooded bottoms to snag...either way I,m wettin a line, got a house full of relatives from MO. in...GOT TO GET AWAY...Chuck
    Ha Ha I hear ya. Go catch some of them pets you been letting go for years.