Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake Beshear

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Beshear

Does anyone know where to get a quality map of Lake Beshear? After talking with some of you a few months ago, I bet a few can draw me one. I haven't been able to find any, maybe some of you living right near have access to one, or know where to get one. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Lake Beshear

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a quality map of Lake Beshear? After talking with some of you a few months ago, I bet a few can draw me one. I haven't been able to find any, maybe some of you living right near have access to one, or know where to get one. Thanks in advance.
    I don't know if any of the map publisher have one out or not . The same goes for Lake Malone, but if you have a Navionics Hot Maps 07 chip has a real good job on Malone don't know about Beshear.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Beshear

Check at Wal-Mart for a "Sportsman's Connection" Kentucky Fishing Map Guide. It has a decent, not great, map of Beshears, Malone and most other Ky lakes. I think they cost about $20 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

i got that sportsmans connection maps its well worth the money,now i have gps with a chip and its the best thing next too knowing a lake.i will be fishing at wilgreen the 22 hope its on the chip.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to Beshear, be sure you have a legal boat for that lake. It is limited to 18ft and 150HP. Some of my buddies got some stiff fines there a couple years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the KDFWR manual you are limited to a 150 hp outboard it says nothing about boat size....

Post Thanks / Like

That 150 limit hurts. Maybe I'll get a 1 sticker and put over my 2. I am fishing a little club tournament there, and have never been. I actually found my sportmans connection map - forgot I had one, but thanks for the offeres. I think I will borrwo my dad's boat. He got a new G3 with a 60 hp on it. It is a perfect boat for smaller lakes. When getting gas - I wish I had a 60 4 stroke.

Post Thanks / Like

Col We had a power plant lake in Indiana built twenty years ago and there were no maps we went to the USDA office and ordered a quadrangle map for the area (which is a topo map) all you have to do is decide what elevation the water level is at normal pool and take a sharpie and follow that contour line and you will have a great map for around $6.00

Post Thanks / Like

i can confirm the horse power and length regulations, although i was thinking it was 18.5' instead of 18', i have yet to see any one recieve a ticket for length of boat or h.p....

side note... legal length bass is 12" not 15"

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is Lake Beshear contour map. Hope this helps in your next fishing trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew........that thread is 8 years old
    Quote Originally Posted by lrak View Post
    Here is Lake Beshear contour map. Hope this helps in your next fishing trip.