Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.H.O. Speech

Post Thanks / Like

B.H.O. Speech

Anyone else catch this yet? I'll admit is was a moving speech that hit some obvious points that we all face. I'm not sure it's enough but he and his campaign have shifted gears with this one.
    I'm still not convinced that this idea of all races holding hands and getting along isn't going to cost me alot of money in the form of taxes. We can cut spending, revamp the benefit package for public officials, get out of the rut of throwing money at failed government programs (local and federal) and then see where we are. Isn't that we do in our personal lives? Cut spending as needed. All people regardless of party affiliation need to demand that! Don't get caught up in the moment of wanting to take care of all people in the USA at any cost because that cost is you and me. Let's make the government be responsible for their spending. That's enough because I have to go to work, I feel that the government needs more of my money so I better go earn some today. Gotta do my part in helping bail out the Mortgage Industry, Airine Industry, Lexington Public Transportation, Illegal Immigrants Healthcare, Welfare and all the other people who are standing at my front door wanting my money.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B.H.O. Speech

The man makes my head hurt. He talks alot and says very little. the gift for gab does not make you worthy of the Presidency. Change, America can change, can I get a Change from the crowd, whoooeeeweee Change.

Post Thanks / Like

Change............ ok.......

Post Thanks / Like

Man, the media's on BO about his pastor like a cheap suit. They are even off Spitzer some, 'cept ole Greta the fish woman on Fox showing Ashley the highly paid government employee gyrating for the Girls Gone Wild cameras. Have to say the girl appears to know what shake that moneymaker means. Well...er, I didn't watch Col told me about it.

Do I believe BO didn't know his pastor was a radical nut? No. Do I believe BO only belonged to the church only for political expediency? Don't know, the guy comes off so sincere even I hate to believe that.

Truth be told I like BO. Like his style, his eloquence, his presence, and his smarts. It's his politics I can't stand. I also believe he lacks substance and will delaminate in the general election.

The media's wearing this thing out, fascinating how they turn on someone they practically made. Almost like cannibalism. Anyway the guy's responded, we'll read into it what we will, time to move on and let let the kooky old reverend pass into obscurity. I'm tired of seeing his crazy axe.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - she can shake it!!LOL

Good speech! He does have some charisma. It just reinforced what I already knew, he (Obama) is not a racist. I am with you on this preacher DH - I think we have promoted this preacher and given him enough publicity. I am ready to get back to an issues driven political race, rather than a mudslingin who can dig up the most crap race.

On the other hand, I was really getting into the spitzer saga - I hate it that this is overshadowing it! I guess It will be a made for TV movie soon enough, even better a late night Cinemax movie!!
    Last edited by Col Forbin; 03-19-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Yeah - she can shake it!!LOL

Good speech! He does have some charisma. It just reinforced what I already knew, he (Obama) is not a racist. I am with you on this preacher DH - I think we have promoted this preacher and given him enough publicity. I am ready to get back to an issues driven political race, rather than a mudslingin who can dig up the most crap race.

On the other hand, I was really getting into the spitzer saga - I hate it that this is overshadowing it! I guess It will be a made for TV movie soon enough, even better a late night Cinemax movie!!
    That girl is hotter than a two dollar pistol...... Dang.

Post Thanks / Like

While watching his speech I kept thinking that he would do well by being a leader of the black community as opposed to be a Pres. candidate. I think he would be outstanding at this so much better than J.J. and Rerun..oops I mean A.Sharpton
    I'm not 100% on board with B.O. not being a racist because we all are in some form or fashion.
    Question for anyone out there, why is it that if a black person and any other race has kids together the kids are reffered to as African American??
    B.O. always spoke of his kids as African American...just curious as to why the constant feel to stand apart?

Post Thanks / Like

If everything that minister said is bulls--t, then he's a racist. If there is truth in it, then maybe the truth is hurting some folks more than it should.Yes there is a racial issue in this election, if Obama doe not get the nod for the party, then it will be gender issues. This guy Obama, isa a great speaker, but if you wont listen, then he's just a wind bag. I mean old white guys have done so much for us lately.The biggest mistake both [parties made is starting a campaign a year ahead of time, i say the h-ll with all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: B.H.O. Speech

The Obama Tidal Wave

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare magnitude. His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers have no idea of what he stands for except platitudes of "Change" or that he says he will be a "Uniter".

The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful thing. Certainly Billy Graham had charisma and both his manner of speech and particularly the content changed millions. On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler inspired millions and the results were catastrophic.
    Barack Obama certainly is no Billy Graham, but for many Americans out there feeling just like a surfer who might be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, the real story is what happens when it hits shore. American should be very afraid of this man.

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

• He voted against banning partial birth abortion.

• He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.

• Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government.

• In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing.

• Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as a minimum wage affair.

• Admitted marijuana and cocaine use in high school and in college.

• His religious convictions are very murky but has been a Muslin all his life.

• He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
    • Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations.

• Opposed the Patriot Act.

• First bill he signed that was passed was campaign finance reform.

• Voted No on prohibiting law suits against gun manufacturers.

• Supports universal health-care.

• Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.

• Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

• Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.

• Voted NO to making English the official language of the USA.

• Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.

• Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.

• Wants to make the minimum wage a "living wage".

• Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes.

• Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.

• Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid.

• He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax.

• He voted No on repealing the "Death" Tax. This is hugh…..

• He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax.

• Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded.

• He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey what happened to Ted kennedy, wasn't he the most liberal? same said about clinton. Just how many most liberals do you have?If things are going great for you, vote mccain, if you think our country needs new leadership and better directions, vote against him.As for meeting with some folks who see differently from us, why not?Cuba will not go away no matter how much we ignore it.We talk to Putin, claim him almost as a friend, and thats what he isn't. We deal with china, and they had our POWS from korea till most of them died.If they found oil in cuba, we would either invade them , or start some real butt kissing.That thing about ignoring problems, it dosn't work!Years ago qwe were ALL americans, now we are repulicans or democratics, think I'm full of bull?

Post Thanks / Like

In response to the points of BO by MSGmills

Some of these I don't agree with, however, I think many of these points are good and I support some of them. Were these intended to deter people from voting for Obama. IMO these are not near as shocking as the Bush stats that were posted a few weeks back. Take a look at those while we are no the notion of finding what are percieved as negatives and see how many of those points you can defend.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry your not full of bull but I hope you don't think it's a Republican problem. Both parties have caused this division in our country.