Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kosair Children's Hospital

Eddie Goode and myself would like to ask all you fellow members out there to donate if possible any use-able Push button Rod & Reel. Edie and myself and a few others are going to take these Rod & Reel combo's and pass them out to the kids who are in the Kosair Children's Hospital. These kids are in the Hospital for various reasons and some are for major illness's. But just think of the smiles that these kids will get on their faces when they are given a new or somewhat used Rod to go fishing with in the future.

So if you have anything that we can get for the kids, let us know and we'll make arrangements to get the rods & reels. Even if you only have, say a reel, we'll match it up with a rod or vice verses.

Thanks a whole bunch from Eddie and myself (Clyde
    Mills).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kosair Children's Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Eddie Goode and myself would like to ask all you fellow members out there to donate if possible any use-able Push button Rod & Reel. Edie and myself and a few others are going to take these Rod & Reel combo's and pass them out to the kids who are in the Kosair Children's Hospital. These kids are in the Hospital for various reasons and some are for major illness's. But just think of the smiles that these kids will get on their faces when they are given a new or somewhat used Rod to go fishing with in the future.

So if you have anything that we can get for the kids, let us know and we'll make arrangements to get the rods & reels. Even if you only have, say a reel, we'll match it up with a rod or vice verses.

Thanks a whole bunch from Eddie and myself (Clyde
    Mills).
    I can not beleive no one has replyed to this post. The reason I am wanting to do this is my daughter was in there for three months last year and seen first hand that these kids need just a little something to make there day instead of laying there in bed and some hurting all the time. Maybe this will help the hurt or forget there problems, if only for a few minutes we are there. If no one wants to help I will buy the stuff myself.

Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie, before you get all huffy you might consider that you and clyde are asking for something that most of the people on this board are not too likely to have (kids rods and reels). How soon you seem to forget that when you asked for something that we were likely to have (fishing tackle), you apparently got a good response.

Calm down old man and rethink your request. Maybe we would be albe to help if it were for things we have available (even if it were money).

Just my opinion.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the top for awhile again.......

Post Thanks / Like

About 6 years ago, when I was still in Louisville, before I was called back to the Army I started a toy collection for Kosair's but everything "had to be new" due to germs ect the used items had. I was wondering if you checked on this or if it is not an issue in this case? I WAS doing it for the "terminally ill cancer kids", so that may have been the difference, but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks for all you are doing to help promote fishing to these WONDERFUL KIDS!!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

guys why dont yall talk to walmart or bass pro they usually have rods to donate for causes like that if i had the kids gear i would have no problem donating it but just contact them and see what they can do i know walmart does it for schools so why not hospitals......