Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I need a "back from KY lake post"

I saw the Jet-A results, looked pretty good, but would like a post from the average Joe. There were several on here that were going, I balied out for several good reasons, but would like to know how it went for Bass fishing.
    Did you do pretty good? What about the Crappie, are they doing good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a "back from KY lake post"

Hey........We were down there Thursday, Friday and Saturday........

Thursday, we caught 10 fish.........All 2-3 lbers with 1 over 4.......All on a Jig.

Friday, we caught 9 fish, with a 6.5 kicker.........We had over 20lbs on 5 fish, and probably 23-24 on 6, if that is the limit..........Again......all on jigs.

Saturday..........the weather changed, got COLD, and our pattern and spots started cooling off. We probably would have caught 9-10 fish, but ended up leaving at Noon. We caught 3, and they were all smaller than the previous days.

All days, we used the jig primarily........but we did catch 1 on a rattletrap, and 1 on a spinnerbait..........All fishing was done within 20 ft of the bank, and MOST all places were flooded buckbrush in the back of coves.

I hope this helps........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Thursday and Friday on KY. I would have spent some time on Barkley but it was absolutely trashed everywhere I looked. I mostly fished for bass about 7 - 8 hours each day on KY. I caught 3 keepers Thursday all about 3 lbs or so and another 7 or 8 short fish. I caught all of these fish on crank baits mainly on main lake points. On Friday the wind kept me pinned in a couple of bays so I switched to fishing the shallow flats and points in the bays. I caught more fish Friday (15 - 18) but all short fish. Again caught them on small crank baits, tubes, and jerk baits. I tried flipping a bit with no results but that appears to be what many were doing to find the bigger fish in the bays. There sure was no shortage of flooded brush.

Post Thanks / Like

I went Fri but the wind made it really rough and i didnt stay out too long. I did catch a few fish but nothing to brag about. This week looks a lil better and maybe I will have a better week.........Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Been meaing to do this since Saturday but have been stuck at work... Guess thats what I get for taking off...

We fished Ky from Wed through Friday and had really mixed results. I will break it up best I can.

Wed- We put in at The Moors and found a nice cove out of the wind. Caught about 5 fish total in 4 hours in my boat all were under 17". We caught them all on a grey tube jig with black specs. Nothing would even sniff at a crank bait, rattle trap etc.

Thur- We put in at Blood River and and found really muddy water. Water temps were in the low 50's so we headed out to the main lake and headed North. Thur was our best day with my boat landing about 25 fish. Of the 25 only 4 were keepers with the biggest being around 6lbs. We found a ton of fish under slot. We had the best luck again Thur with the grey/black spec tube jig. I did manage to catch a few fish on a crank bait (Aurora Black Xrap) but the majority of our fish was on the jig. We fished up shallow along the coves and off the points. Most of the fish were caught on Thursday were in less than 10ft of water.

Fri- We need our heads examined for being on the lake it was crazy. We tried Blood River again to begin with, warmer water temps, 54 and 55 degrees still very muddy / stained. Only managed to catch one fish. Headed North again on the main lake and found a nice cove to hide from the wind. We managed about 15 fish on Friday, with only 1 keeper LM. We used cabin creek salty spider jigs in pumpkin seed. Nothing at all on a crank or rattletrap. My buddy did land a 30lb drum... Funniest thing I have ever witnessed watching him pull that big pig up to the boat!

I have to also say a HUGE thank you to Dave Stewart and Kylakenitro, both of these guys without a doubt made our trip a success. Dave's report is absolutely spot on. Thank you so much Dave and Kylakenitro!

We are going to go down again in a few weeks and try again.

Post Thanks / Like

Swany glad you guys had a good time. The wind on Fri was rough. I never got out of Jonathan crk that day...In a few weeks it will be GOOD down here (i hope)

Post Thanks / Like

I did stay out but stayed a couple of miles from the ramp. But that was some of the knarliest waves I have seen in a while. Ususally they are pretty "rhythmic" and although they can get big you can kind of ride up and over them in a pattern. Those waves Friday were big and really choppy. I couldn't time them very well and really slapped a bunch of them throwing water everywhere. Thank goodness I didn't have a 5 or 10 mile run.