Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Latest rain update

Weather man said last night that the Louisville area was to get about a 1/2 inch of rain last. According to my gauge at home and at work 2 inches so far and counting. Do you guys ever remember it flooding like this all the time. I'm starting to think the end is near and maybe I should have my guys stop building trusses and start building the ARC. Turn the water off PLEASE TURN IT OFF. Suppose to rain every day next week too, Geeeeeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest rain update

I hear you Mark.Im tired of this rain.The lakes and rivers are a mess and if this spring is rainy its gonna be interesting.I have a trip and cabin scheduled the second week of April so i too wish they cut off the water works.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep here in Lexington I have the river running in my front yard again! I'm gonna have to get a load of dirt to fill the rut soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I talked the wife into the boat now!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, looks like I'll be on the shore Fri. Haven't got the 2'oclock reading yet but I'm sure the rivers rising again. Oh well like I always say there's never problems just opportunity...and I'm blessed with a butt load of opportunity's Chuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Weather man said last night that the Louisville area was to get about a 1/2 inch of rain last. According to my gauge at home and at work 2 inches so far and counting. Do you guys ever remember it flooding like this all the time. I'm starting to think the end is near and maybe I should have my guys stop building trusses and start building the ARC. Turn the water off PLEASE TURN IT OFF. Suppose to rain every day next week too, Geeeeeze.
    Mike, you may not be happy with the rain where you live, but I'll be doggoned if we wouldn't be glad to have some more in NE Tennessee. We remain in a drought; although we have had some rain we still have a 19-inch deficit. It has put the farmers in a heckuva mess trying to supply hay for their animals throughout the entire winter. Now they have to figure out how to arrange their finances in order to recoup their losses.

I mostly fish on Cherokee Lake and it didn't come close to full pool last year because the water was needed to generate power. It hasn't been at full pool (1075') in a few years and personally I would like to enjoy it at full pool for a change.

For those of you who are tired of the rain in your area, please ask The Good Lord to send it to the people in northeast TN. I have a house and some land in south Alabama and we need more rain down there also. It would be a beautiful sight to see the creeks, rivers, and lakes full for a change.

Brother Noah has already built the only Ark that will be needed for a flood. (God said, "Never again," and He set a rainbow in the clouds as a reminder). You may want to think about a "fire escape plan" for the next world destruction.

Keep your powder dry!

Post Thanks / Like

Bassin Bug I was just venting, and I would love to ship some of this rain down to ya brother. Something to talk about I guess while it's raining, lol. BTW the name is Mark not Mike, take care and I hope you get our next installment 4 inch rainfall instead of us, we have ducks leaving this place, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate all this rain just as much as everyone I guess. But anyone who wants the stuff can have it. I always wanted to just put concrete over my entire yard and paint it green. I think it would look just fine and think of the money I would save in gas, no more pollution from the running of the lawn mower. No more big water bills trying to make it grow, and the neighbors would enjoy the sight of the solid green year round....

But the wife won't let me do it... So sad I know.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Bassin Bug I was just venting, and I would love to ship some of this rain down to ya brother. Something to talk about I guess while it's raining, lol. BTW the name is Mark not Mike, take care and I hope you get our next installment 4 inch rainfall instead of us, we have ducks leaving this place, lol.
    'Scuse me, Mark. I must have been thinking about my son, Mike. As long as the ducks aren't drowning, everything will be alright. lol. Hope you enjoy the following:

http://wandascountryhome.com/stormpassesby/