Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Barren Fishing Trip Booked

Hello Everybody. I am new member to fishin.com, but I have been reading posts that members have posted for about 6 months.

Anyway, my father-in-law and I are going to Barren on April 21 and staying until April 25. He is a beginner bass fisherman and I have not been to Barren in years. I know that the full moon for April is on the 20th, so some areas of the lake may have some spawning bass.

According to a post I read earlier, someone who fished Barren last week all ready found 56 degree water, so I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice for the week of April 21st?

My personal email address is jason.waddle@hrblock.com, if you choose not to comment on this thread.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Fishing Trip Booked

I have no idea about the fishing on Barren, butt, welcome to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my...who chose Barren? Pray for minimal accumulation on the rain and a weekend where there are only a couple tournaments. Otherwise...enjoy sloppy seconds. I'm being realistic here...not negative...Barren is a good Wednesday-Thursday lake and it gets drilled by great fisherman.

Consider, the crappie and hybrid fishing as alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen on the Wednesday-Thursday business. The closer to the weekend, the more like fishing in a washing machine it gets. And lately, the weather has really added an extra dimension to the frustration factor. Love the lake but it seems that there are hundreds more who love it as much or more than I.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a place on Barren and just fished it last week. Water is 6 ft below summer and it is actaully about 53 and muddy up in most of the creeks. All the rain this week will probably get it up to or over summer pool. We caught several short crappy and three bass. Also a friend of mine fished it Sunday and caught three all day. Bassman is right the weekends are rediculous. They put a new ramp in by the dam and you would think it is the only ramp in KY the way all the tounaments are running out of there. I hope they get it out of there system eventually because the weekend fishing is really tough anymore.