Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OB's big gaff?

Post Thanks / Like

OB's big gaff?

Barren didn't cooperate, one dink, then my daughter called me on the cell and chatted. Got to thinking and came home right after that to be with my family. The fish'll hopefully still be there later, and I can't get back the time with my baby girl. Plus I'll prolly be in Latin America for 2 weeks after this one. This making a living stuff is vastly over rated.

Did hear on the radio today where BO was talking about the abortion issue and said if one of his daughters made a mistake they shouldn't be "punished" with a baby. Only meaning I can take is getting an abortion is better than being punished (his word, heard it with my own ears) with a baby.

Worst mistake yet on his part so far IMO. A little anticlimactic for me, I thought he was way way smarter than that. Most folks sorta consider a baby one of life's rewards, certainly not one of it's punishments. (Although my sons do make me wonder sometimes.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OB's big gaff?

I would never consider a baby as punishment...It only means that a lot of Maturing is now going to take place a lot sooner than expected at that age...

Plus I like the response ( real intelligent )of Obama's Campaign telling McCain that Obama doesn't need any kind of War knowledge or Information on War tactics from McCain. Obama was replying to McCain's statement that the US would be in Iraq for 100 years after the war ends. Just like were in Germany after 50 years, since WWII ended as an example to the 100 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the same thing and it reminded me why I don't like this guy as a candidate.

Post Thanks / Like

Distasteful to me also, but I don't think too much will come from it in terms of fallout for BO. Mainly because there are a lot of people (sadly) who think the way he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Distasteful to me also, but I don't think too much will come from it in terms of fallout for BO. Mainly because there are a lot of people (sadly) who think the way he does.
    Ain't it sad where society has digressed too. Awe the liberal mind, what a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there won't be much fallout, but there should be. That statement is bad wrong on many levels, and as crass a comment as I've ever heard a politician make.

A major problem I have with the democratic party is their seeming lack of belief in personal responsibility. BO's comments, as I interpret them, vividly illustrate that. Clearly he believes if one of his daughters had unprotected sex and got pregnant, she's not responsible for her actions and someone else (in this case an aborted baby) should should suffer the consequences. To the Dems, everyone is a victim that we all, especially the rich should pitch in and take care of. Nevermind that a significant percentage of those in a bad way are victims of nothing more than their own personal choices.

I guess I sound cold, but I sure am sick of seeing people who have screwed up royally one way or another being touted as victims by the mass media. Often as not the blame is transferred to the government, and the government is expected to bail them out.

Post Thanks / Like

OK jump on my bones, but there are some cases where abortion should be legal up to the 100 th month!And all you God fearing conservatives, what about health care for children? Too expensive! let them be born, suffer and die, that's the way the lord expects us to be?We have the death penalty in this country, so we make distinctions on COST! Even now finally some doctors are saying its time for some kind of federal health care.WASPS are the main reason we are in this financial dilemma, if you want to save money, do it someplace else than sacrificing our young children.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    OK jump on my bones, but there are some cases where abortion should be legal up to the 100 th month!And all you God fearing conservatives, what about health care for children? Too expensive! let them be born, suffer and die, that's the way the lord expects us to be?We have the death penalty in this country, so we make distinctions on COST! Even now finally some doctors are saying its time for some kind of federal health care.WASPS are the main reason we are in this financial dilemma, if you want to save money, do it someplace else than sacrificing our young children.
    Larry,
    Your taking too many problems and combining them in your post. Abortion in my book has nothing to do with the death penalty. The baby is not at fault and should not be punished, the criminal is at fault and under certain circumstances should be put to death. Now I am a Christian and a Conservative (but not perfect) so I struggle with the death penalty.
    Health Care for children? What about they get it now by going to Community Hospitals just like Illegals do. Who have you heard of that has been turned away? I know alot of americans are not covered but who gets turned down?
    Heck at University of Kentucky or local health Departments all you do is show up and wait, they will see you. We already pay for that with our taxes.
    I agree with you on saving money they should really look at cutting cost instead of creating new ones. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Woah now, you seem to have leapt to several conclusions. I didn't say anything about making abortion illegal, I personally favor choice.

Nobody wants to see children suffer and die brother, where the heck did you get that? Hillary? Just because I don't support you godless but noble liberals' intent to make a government who can't efficiently do much of anything administer health care for us all doesn't make me a monster. Just more realistic than you.

There are a many programs for healthcare for kids available NOW. For example the federal CHIP program. K-CHIP here in Ky provides comprehensive health care insurance for low/no income children with premiums based on the families' income. K-CHIP provides medecaid coverage for low income kids after age 14 as well. There's also an alphabet soup of other programs available for low income child care.

Give me a single example of a child suffering and dying because they were refused medical care. Just one. You could probably find a ton of them where the parents' stupidity and irresponsibility caused it though.

Where's the big financial dilemma? We are in horrible shape because Hillary and Barack say we are? I don't buy it. It's common practice for politicians to tell us how bad off we are to get themselves elected, then turn around and say how well off we are once they're in.

News flash: If it weren't for WASPS we wouldn't have any finances to have a dilemma with. Maybe countries that aren't plagued by the bad ole white people have it better than us. Let me think of one, and I'll get back to you.

In the meantime stay bitter and keep strengthening the racial divide, your presidential candidates are counting on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post

I guess I sound cold, but I sure am sick of seeing people who have screwed up royally one way or another being touted as victims by the mass media. Often as not the blame is transferred to the government, and the government is expected to bail them out.
    Amen,brother. Amen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Amen,brother. Amen
    I'm in line to, tell it brother tell it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I'm in line too, tell it brother tell it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I made love to a goat once. Oooh I don't think I'd tell that brother!!