Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Garmin 188c Sounder

Does anyone know where to find the data cards for the entire KY lake for the 188C sounder? Most places are out of stock and I can't seem to find one anywhere I have the lake from the dam south to Blood River but that is where it cuts off, I'm trying to find the Fishing Hotspots because it has the depth Contours and marker bouys for running the channel. I you may have one and don't need it let me know, if you know somewhere that still has stock please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garmin 188c Sounder

I have the same unit you do and my chip covers to and including the Big Sandy. I think the rest is considered the river and has to be formatted from Map-source, Rivers and streams.
    A guy in New York formatted my chip for $40. If you're interested I'll try and get his info for you.
    Hot-spot chips are almost impossible to find.....Rex

Post Thanks / Like

Does the 188 allow you to plug it into the computer and download maps to it? I currently have a 162 with the MapSource HotSpots maps CD for a ton of lakes that I can download to my unit, however the processor is very slow at redrawing as you roll down the lake.

I would like to find a 188 or a higher level Garmin that I can still use the software that I currently have and avoid buying more cards, maps, etc.....any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Does the 188 allow you to plug it into the computer and download maps to it? I currently have a 162 with the MapSource HotSpots maps CD for a ton of lakes that I can download to my unit, however the processor is very slow at redrawing as you roll down the lake.

I would like to find a 188 or a higher level Garmin that I can still use the software that I currently have and avoid buying more cards, maps, etc.....any suggestions?
    Be honest with you the first chance I get to buy a new Humminbird I AM, I sorta like my 188c but I get real dumb when it comes to these things and yes I read the huge book that comes with it but I still find it difficult to get out of it what I want. I had a lowrance and loved it but when I bought my Ranger it had all garmins so I thought I'd give it a whirl. and due to my inability to know what I am reading on the garmin ledge fishing to me is like learning to speek Chinese. But I will keep usung it and trying to figure it out 'cause 1600 to 2000 dollars for a new one is cough cough pricey. and yes TRex if you could send me the info I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and art the 188 and 188C is now discontinued and as you probably read hard to get smart cards for so you may want to step up a notch