Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Candidates and preachers

Ok, so everyone got their panties in a wad when the news of Obama's preacher got out. How come everyone is so quiet about McCain SEEKING and getting the endorsement of Hagee. You might best remember this guy for wonderful comments concerning the Catholic Church being "‘The Great *****,' an ‘apostate church,' the anti-Christ,' and a ‘false cult system.'" Not to mention his views on women, jews, and his facination with armagadon.

Soooo, where is the outrage, calling for McCain to denounce this clown, etc. that would be expected of Obama had he gotten a similar endorsement? This more evidence of the conservative media hiding this stuff?

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Candidates and preachers

I haven't heard of it myself but I'll be looking for it now. Man, I really never considered the media conservative....seriously, never crossed my mind I always thought they were more Liberal even extreme at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Ok, so everyone got their panties in a wad when the news of Obama's preacher got out. How come everyone is so quiet about McCain SEEKING and getting the endorsement of Hagee. You might best remember this guy for wonderful comments concerning the Catholic Church being "‘The Great *****,' an ‘apostate church,' the anti-Christ,' and a ‘false cult system.'" Not to mention his views on women, jews, and his facination with armagadon.

Soooo, where is the outrage, calling for McCain to denounce this clown, etc. that would be expected of Obama had he gotten a similar endorsement? This more evidence of the conservative media hiding this stuff?

Andrew
    I'll concede your point to a degree, but there's not much of a parallel.

I watched the video clip where this guy I've never heard of says these bad things, and he does come off as crackpot on that take. To his credit he's calm and not raving like a lunatic. It's not uncommon for fundamentalist religions to denounce Catholicism although he goes too far. Looks like he's taking the Old Testament to an extreme, but he's not even in the same league as Mr. Wright.

Now has McCain attended Hagee's church for the last 20 years? Did Hagee perform his wedding? Did McCain call him an old uncle? A big difference in belonging to and financially supporting a church, and going after their votes.

Conservative media?!?!? Been visiting Dr. Feelgood again man? Several style points deducted from your post for that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed it too. It must not have been in Dave's report!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Now has McCain attended Hagee's church for the last 20 years? Did Hagee perform his wedding? Did McCain call him an old uncle? A big difference in belonging to and financially supporting a church, and going after their votes.

I've heard of the end all before,but DANG!! Thanks DH

Post Thanks / Like

Conservative media = its a joke son ;-)

I seem to remember the outrage when Farraken endorsed Obama. Obama denoused Farraken, but that was not good enough for many folks. Now McCain SEEKS out the endorsement of this guy who is known as a nut case and refuses to denouce this guy. In fact, he says he is happy to have this guy's endorsement. Brillent! Hagee is a christian hating, jew hating, sexist, racist, and McCain is happy to have him on board.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew,
    I just read some of his statements (Hagee) and he is a whacko in my mind. I still don't think this is on the same level as the Rev. Wright debacle. Look at that church now! Wright is on a Victory Tour! That shows how out there this congregation is.
    An association or an endorsement is not the same as following a man's church for 20 years...there is a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember the outrage when Farraken endorsed Obama. Obama denoused Farraken, but that was not good enough for many folks. Now McCain SEEKS out the endorsement of this guy who is known as a nut case and refuses to denouce this guy. In fact, he says he is happy to have this guy's endorsement. Brillent! Hagee is a christian hating, jew hating, sexist, racist, and McCain is happy to have him on board.

Andrew
    It really seems to me to be a double standard. I have also read some of the statements of Hagee, and if this were Obama or Hillary that has sought his support, the rants on here would be flying. I remember the same posts on here about Farrakahn and BO. BO never sought out his support, and when Farrakahn gave his support to BO it was quickly denounced. It seems odd that McCain would seek out the support of Hagee. I am sure he will change his mind once he sees it will make him look bad - isn't that the republican way? J/K LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew
    For the record, towards the end of February there were articles about how McCain was "seeking to distance" himself from Hagee. McCain said something at that time to the effect of "I don't agree with all his views".

Same sort of fence-straddling BO is doing with Wright.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point JCB, any serious flack and McCain'll dodge just like any other pol. A little easier for him to dodge Hagee than BO with Wright for obvious reasons.

Andrew, the clip I saw he only hammered Catholics not all Christians. I guess since I attend a Catholic church, I'm a ho. Or maybe I'm just a ho for general reasons, I get confused about that. The clip I watched had some seriously severe interpretations of the bible. Sorry for missing your jokes, your sense of humor's dryer than my ex wife's...uh tear ducts.

You know when it gets right down to it, the Bible is a pretty hard core book, particularly the Old Testament. I have a rough time with bible stories and my daughter. Try laying Jonah and the whale on a sensitive little girl without traumatizing her. It ain't easy.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Okay okay...I'm outraged. Livid. Indignant. Fit to be tied. Teetering right on the edge of hanging a Democratic chad in November.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote"Sorry for missing your jokes, your sense of humor's dryer than my ex wife's...uh tear ducts."
    Lol! You ain't right..I'm picking up what your laying down.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going up to my arse in an argument but I heard John Hagee say that he endorsed Guilliani (sp) who later dropped out of the race. You have it all wrong about Hagee being a Christian hating, Jew hating, sexist, racist. I don't watch him on TV because he'd rather entertain with jokes than read a verse from the Bible. However, in all fairness he aligns himself with Christians, does support the work of Jewish organizations who feed destitute Jews in Israel. I have a problem with preachers, mine included, who endorse candidates from the street and the pulpit without naming them. They do it that way to keep from losing the church's tax exempt status. I think too many televangelists over estimate their power and believe they can change a presidential election, Pat Robertson, the late Jerry Falwell, and Jessee Jackson (oops! he's a little short on morals to be called a preacher) all included. Too many preachers believe they are the only ones in the congregation who hears the voice of God about politics. John McCain may be a former POW but he has had the morals of a junkyard dog. Got involved with present wife while a still married senator, in the 1980s. His wife is a former drug addict who stole painkillers from the very organization she set up to help sick people. I think that is as newsworthy as Hillary's prowling husband, or her own embellishment of foreign trips. When the election is over, America is going to be hurting for an honest president. jmho