Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland Stripes

Welcome Grouse
    Sounds about right... Caught many on smaller plastics casting for smallies in the same area as stripers around this time of year.

Nothing like a 20# striper on light tackle.

Caught one and missed two in about an hour weekend before last on a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

I went last Friday night and we got 6 in the boat. The largest one being 25lbs. Most of the other ones averaged 7-9lbs. We caught all of them on slivers. Had 5 others on that got off and several other misses. We were the only boat that I saw. It rained most of the time and temps got in the low 40's. Water temp stayed around 50. We started fishing around 9 and quit around 3:30am. Had a good night for the conditions and plan on heading back tomorrow night. We caught the fish midway in the creeks right on the banks. Try to find sandy to pebble banks that are not deep. Banks that had steep drops did not produce for us at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bxrinc View Post
    I'm going Friday night also, putting in at Jamestown. My first time out for Striper this year. Will post results after the trip!
    Sorry Guys, I did not go Friday night as planned. The monsoon kept me away as I was fighting water in my basement. Just when the night bite turns on we get the flooding rains. I hear Cumberland has a lot of debris floating in it right now. Anybody been out after the rains to give lake conditions and striper report? I will try again one night next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished 4/5 AM and PM. The AM bite was SLOW. Didn’t hear of many fish being caught we didn’t even get hit once. PM we caught 1 short fish on a sliver black / white about 1/2 out of wolf creek. 4/6 AM I hooked 1 on a 1/2 ounce buck tail and lost the fish right at the boat probably around 26-27" nothing at all on live bait. The creeks were very muddy; the warmest water I saw was hovering around 53. There is some debris in the water but only a few "season enders” Hopefully we will get some nice days to clear up the lake. The shad are full of eggs and ready to spawn so the top water is shortly approaching. Good luck if you go!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got out last night Friday 4/12th. We put in at Jamestown and started up Greasy Creek. Midway up the creek was very muddy from the rains Thurday night and Friday. Mainlake was only slightly stained so we fished around the cut-thru and boated one 18 lb. 4 oz. Striper on a blue/white sliver. We marked plenty of fish in the area but only boated the one Striper for the night. Heard a few blow-ups and very few shad on the surface. Another week or 2 if the weather holds out, the night bite should really heat up.

Post Thanks / Like

2 short ones last night on the lower end as well.Cool temps next week will delay the good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Going this weekend. Fishing all weekend. I will be putting in at Halcoms. If you see a White princecraft stop by and say hi. full report to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Friday night and had an amazing night. They turned on early and we boated 6 fish in a little over an hour. The other boat that was with us boated a nice 8-9lb walleye and also caught their limit of stripes. Saturday was a diffrent ballgame after the rain the water temp droped and the bite slowed we did manage 3 stripes (2 keepers).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by striper81 View Post
    Fished Friday night and had an amazing night. They turned on early and we boated 6 fish in a little over an hour. The other boat that was with us boated a nice 8-9lb walleye and also caught their limit of stripes. Saturday was a diffrent ballgame after the rain the water temp droped and the bite slowed we did manage 3 stripes (2 keepers).
    What did you catch them on and where? I have not been out for a while I have been traveling alot. Got plenty or grouper fishing in the last few months but no stripes. I am looking to go this week would like some direction.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished from indian creek to the dam. Slivers / Yozuri's when they weren't on top. Topwater baits like Redfins 7" models

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Justin. Glad to see you back. Went Sat. night and had 3 walleye-7,4,and a 3lber. Boated one 27"striper and another one lost at boatside that was a keeper. The striper was released but the walleye are in the freezer. All fish caught between dark and 12:30am. The bite just died after that. Sliver with black back was all they wanted and they wanted it Really slow. Tried Redfin Gizz-4, Knucklehead, and a 1/2 oz. jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything happeing during the day or mostly at night right now? I have not got to fish for them in the spring yet so just trying to get a pattern on them.