Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are you watching cartoons with your kids? VENT

I actually turned on the TV this morning for background noise. I kept hearing things coming from the TV that I could not believe..
    First it was Kids News.. Australia is doing research into making cows that will not FART methane gas and pollute the air. Apparently Kangaroos do not fart methane due to a bacteria etc.. you get the idea.. like changing the biology of the planet is a good idea..
    Then there were the constant meals that cartoon characters went nuts over.. like bean curds and tofu and the villain in one was a BULL..
    Then there was the CONSTANT Global Warming scare tactics.
    Geez, then it was all the friendly little deer, and horsies and other things that were heroe's while people are evil.
    Geez, is PETA and the Liberal Right in charge of our kids now?
    No way would I let my kids watch this drek.. on second thought maybe that is why they will not hunt or fish with me.. naw, I'm just a bit wierd and they know it..
    Any way watch some of this C-R-A-P some time and maybe you will see why the kids are growing up to hate our heritage of hunting and fishing. Heck they are growing up thinking the country is bad..
    OH MY.. one guy just said Violence begets violence.. give me a break.. like there is no one who kills for the fun of it and self defense is bad. Bullies NEVER hit you for fun right?
    Jim Dicken
    AS ALWAYS.. my comments are not the reflection of the opinions of Fishin.com its advertisers or any one else.. these are MY CRAZY rantings and ravings.. Peter just puts up with me..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you watching cartoons with your kids? VENT

Jim,
    It's not as bad as it seems for parents who actually raise their kids as opposed to using the t.v. as a baby sitter. We let our daughter watch t.v. in moderation, play video games in moderation and we always played board games or played outside for fun as well. The outdoors has been a big part of our life (hunting and fishing).
    There are several network prime time movies that bother me more because they use the "f" bomb and every other word without censorship and that is out of line.

Post Thanks / Like

My boys didn't like Dear Old dad because I would not let them watch The Simpsons. I could just see the younger one imitating everything Bart did.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss Bugs Bunny!!! And what the heck is a pecachew,or a transformer??? The only desent cartoon anymore is Scooby doo...

Post Thanks / Like

i said the same thing as i watched tv with my 11 yr old stepson,no wonder the kids are going to crap,what happened to fred and wilma,sylvester or the smurfs,he is a 24 7 game tv set on the couch kinda kid,like his momma,refuses to even go fishin,hates it but never done it.i have seen all the spongebob i care for..bring back the oldies,i did see the younger generation of sylvester and tweety,,tom and jerrry....then dave brown and lance russel ringside was a great saturday with papaw..then we went to the river or fed the cows..

Post Thanks / Like

Who the heck owns the TV? My kids watched what WE let them watch, my grand kids on one side are facing the same restrictions.If you want to complain about kids programs, you are not in control of the remote.We never had "rights" growing up, of course there wasn't any TV in my young years.Remember those people we dropped the bomb on? this is pay back!