Search Fishin.com

Thread: need help

Post Thanks / Like

need help

i need some jigs to use with some hand poured swimbaits...i need one with an eyelet for an optional treble hook on the bottom. Is their a way to order a custom mold??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help

You can buy a blank mold and take it to a machine shop. All you would have to do is find what hooks you want ti use and draw a head around it. Then a machinist can cut the mold for the style head you want to make

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go the route that KYlakenitro suggested, check with your local machine shop first. You may find it costing $300, or you might get lucky. Do It does make a mold that has an extra eyelet attached. Check the Do It molds site and see if that is want you need. If not, pick out a mold with the type head that you want and use a dremel, knife, or small file to modify the mold to take a screw eye. You'll likely find the mold and screw eyes at Jannsnetcraft, Stamina, or Barlows Tackle. If so, the mold will be cheaper than getting it from Do It.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I watched Kelly Jordan place a barrell swivel in the bend of the main hook (placed like a trailer hook)and then thread the free end through the body of the swimbait. He then attached a treble to the end of the swivel that came out the bottom. He credited Fred Roumbanis for showing him this.