Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Advice for Cumberland

I am thinking of going to Cumberland one day this week to fish for stripes at night, I will be coming from Lawrenceburg, got any suggestions on where to fish? I have done this type of fishing once before but I went with someone else and have never put my own boat in there. Are the fish biting well enought to even go?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice for Cumberland

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatch View Post
    I am thinking of going to Cumberland one day this week to fish for stripes at night, I will be coming from Lawrenceburg, got any suggestions on where to fish? I have done this type of fishing once before but I went with someone else and have never put my own boat in there. Are the fish biting well enought to even go?
    Until the water stops raising stay home and save your money. The rising water tends to shut the fish down on this lake. watch the level and when it stabilizes then come on down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatch View Post
    I'm going to try one night this week also. The night bite just starting heating up until we got the monsoon. Hopefully by midweek the water will be in better shape and the night bite will start again. From Lawrencburg I would head down 127 and put in at Jamestown. They were hitting midway up the creeks before the rains. I always try Greasy Creek first since it is around the corner from Jamestown ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

After fishing this fall and winter a good bit, the hell with Cumberland. As much as I love it, Im sick of the 'off one day on the next' stuff. Too far to drive, too much gas for roulette.

To be honest, Ive caught more and better smallies in Hickman Creek this Spring than I have at Cumberland or Dale. I just dont get to fish them enough to know whats going on from one week to the next. As much as I hate it, Im just going to have to quit going and wasting all that gas/money.

I can go to the creek, river, Herrington or Cedar and pretty much always catch bass.

If you ask me (and I dont fish it as much as alot of people do) ever since they drew it way down its not been the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Cajun,

I feel your pain, been there. You'll be back, there's just something about that big pond that draws suckers like us in. Over and over To tell you the truth, I think it is more rewarding to land a fish in a difficult lake. But the gas $$ is a royal pain!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun78 View Post
    After fishing this fall and winter a good bit, the hell with Cumberland. As much as I love it, Im sick of the 'off one day on the next' stuff. Too far to drive, too much gas for roulette.

To be honest, Ive caught more and better smallies in Hickman Creek this Spring than I have at Cumberland or Dale. I just dont get to fish them enough to know whats going on from one week to the next. As much as I hate it, Im just going to have to quit going and wasting all that gas/money.

I can go to the creek, river, Herrington or Cedar and pretty much always catch bass.

If you ask me (and I dont fish it as much as alot of people do) ever since they drew it way down its not been the same.
    I have had much more luck since the drawdown. On 4-4-08 my 14 year old son caught a 6lb smallie. I thimnk he is ruined now LOL! I have abuddy down there that keeps me up to date with where the fish are and with out him I would probably be thinking the same way. Also got to have that confidence when you are fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info I will be checking the level and see when it becomes more stabile then try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Advice for Cumberland

Tried west fork, brown creek and whipporwill sunday night, not a hit, the only two things I caufgt were my hat that blew off, and a piece of drift wood that knocked my transducer out of whack, my eyes are not as good as they used to be, will wait for some moon light before I try for the stripes again.

Post Thanks / Like

went to state dock jamestown sunday. water was murky lotts of wood in main lake.