Search Fishin.com

Thread: Salt River

Post Thanks / Like

Salt River

Does anyone have any suggestions for fishing salt river from the bank? I was going down where the duck refuge is on the WMA but it is kinda under water now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salt River

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatch View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for fishing salt river from the bank? I was going down where the duck refuge is on the WMA but it is kinda under water now.
    What are you fishing for???

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to catch some white bass, but it really dont matter. I usually fish for whatever I can catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Well not sure the area your talking about, I fished the area between Mt.washington and Sheperdsville and you have several options,There's a mess of rough fish up feeding on all the flooded bottoms so a good glob of river worms,green worms, or nightcrawlers will catch anything in there. or snagging season is still in, and if you know a good area like flooded pasture or parking lot a big ole treble hook jerked threw there is a blast. Have you fished floyds fork close to Salt? For the whites I had good results a couple weeks back finding small feeder creeks running into the main river and fishing where the green met the mud with white roostertails also try drifting minnows on a slipbobber in any deep holes you can find...Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I was wanting to fish the river before it goes into Taylorsville Lake from the bank, like somewhere around glensboro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatch View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was wanting to fish the river before it goes into Taylorsville Lake from the bank, like somewhere around glensboro.
    Haven't fished that far up.Good luck and let us know how you do. P.s. throw some chicken liver out there might get a hybrid or cat in the muddy water!

Post Thanks / Like

Walk in on the wma past the fire Dept on 44 Take the gravel road to the gate and walk in about a 1/2 mile . Take your stringer and some rooster tails there bitting I would sugest white with chrome blade. also some chartroues roosters as well. Not the Big ones. Palmer road is flooded also is the 248 bridge area, u can also try the 53 bridge just dont park in the old ladys yard or drive way shell call the cops. Early morning best also 2 hours before dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUGBY View Post
    Walk in on the wma past the fire Dept on 44 Take the gravel road to the gate and walk in about a 1/2 mile . Take your stringer and some rooster tails there bitting I would sugest white with chrome blade. also some chartroues roosters as well. Not the Big ones. Palmer road is flooded also is the 248 bridge area, u can also try the 53 bridge just dont park in the old ladys yard or drive way shell call the cops. Early morning best also 2 hours before dark.
    Yes white, they were on them in the big river today!!