Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great news

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Great news

today was an awesome turn out for those of you who didnt come...had i think 21 kids and alot of fish caught...will be back at it tomarow

Post Thanks / Like

What are the details of this trail? Is it a trail? Just once a year? Always at WilGreen?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Once a year,always has been at wilgreen...i think next years is going to be around the first week in june

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Great news

This tournament was put on as professionally as possible. TREX1 did a lot of work organizing this with sponsors and Willgreen Lake. I helped out on Sunday. They had food and drink before the tourney and even helped me with launching the boat. Pre-tournament meeting to cover rules, announce some of the sponsors, Prayer and even had the US Flag on the Officials boat for the National Anthem.
    During the tournament they came around and took photos of the kids fishing and had the pictures printed out for them to take home after the weigh-in. They brought us lunch and drink.
    At the weigh-in, they did an awesome job, and then gave out some High Dollar door prizes, along with cash and trophies to the ones who weighed fish. My angler walked away with a new spin-cast Rod and Reel that was worth at least 100-150$. and they even gave me 2 Stroke oil and a gift card to Lowes.
    Everyone who went had a great time and I am looking forward to getting my son in it next year and doing what I can to help out. I can't say enough about Rex and the Staff at the lake and the others that put this thing together. Thank you for doing this for the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I would have known about it sooner. Maybe next year the advertising in Lexington could be stepped up? Don't get me wrong as an angler who is on here and visits many local tackle store I never heard of it so either I'm totally blind (been accused of that before LOL) or it can be stepped up. I would be happy to help spread the word next year if you would like. Anything for the kids getting involved .

Post Thanks / Like

We are hoping to get more exposure out in surrounding areas.
    But...
    This post has been up sinse April with up_dates and flyers are at several locations including Backwaters in Lex.(sponsor)
    Toyota South (our premier sponsor) ran an add in the Richmond Register an posted a bill-board.
    We will try to get the word out better next year as it's our 10th. annual event.
    You must realize we are in Richmond fishing on a small lake so our entries have to be limited to be able to handle all. I really wanted more this year but with vacations and close to school I guess some couldn't come, but they sure missed out.
    Next years dates have been set:

10TH. Annual 2009
    TOYOTA PRESENTS:
    WILGREEN JUNIORS OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT
    JUNE 6/7 2009

Rex Allen 859-314-3746
    Randy Nunley 859-623-1881