Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ky lake is on fire !!!!!!

Man I am hearing Shirly McClain could catch fish down there right now. Could somebody loan me some gas money so I can drive cross country to catch some of this red hot action. No kiddin guys everybody is talking about just lighting them up down there right now. I talk with a fellow that is semi retired that has a place in Aurora, he and his fishing circle of guys are wacking them hard. He went on to say that everybody he knows down there right now even the novice weekend warrior fisherman are laying the smack down on'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ky lake is on fire !!!!!!

Its been pretty good the last couple weeks. I just hate it that the 35mph wind gust are keeping me off the lake today

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to three guys that went down last friday-sunday and they said the fishing was poor. They talked to guides that caught five bass all day. I guess you need to go and find out your self. I like to give it a try, but the gas prices scare my wallet to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record...I was not one of those guides only catching 5 bass per day. Actually the bite did go down hill some from the week before because the water rose so quick late last week...tournament weights reflected that last weekend such as in the weekend BASS series was won with a 22lbs bag...and only two bags in the tourney over 20lbs. I am hearing a lot of 15 16 lbs bags all week this week....not that 15-16lbs is bad..just not as many big bags being taken....the lakes are on a draw down now and the fish that scattered late last week will be bunched up again soon and the weights will go back up...may see that in the BFL this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Man I am hearing Shirly McClain could catch fish down there right now. Could somebody loan me some gas money so I can drive cross country to catch some of this red hot action. No kiddin guys everybody is talking about just lighting them up down there right now. I talk with a fellow that is semi retired that has a place in Aurora, he and his fishing circle of guys are wacking them hard. He went on to say that everybody he knows down there right now even the novice weekend warrior fisherman are laying the smack down on'em.

I hear you man- looks like the key to catching fish right now is Gas Money--ouch they are killing me on that gas--