Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Turkey Hunting and wind

Went out Saturday and heard a few Gobblers right at light but as the morning went on we heard very little and saw nothing. The wind picked up to major gusts so I'm wondering if that keeps the turkeys down? Anyone know how that effects them?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turkey Hunting and wind

They will stay down in the bottoms if possile or somewhere out of the wind. Today I am going out around dinner and taking the blind and setting up on a ridge since it is raining. They were not doing much yesterday, I hunted till 11:00 and saw one hen and heard very few gobbles.

Post Thanks / Like

So MrChickyBaBa how did it go? I'm gonna try and get out one afternoon this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up killing a decent gobbler 22#, 10 7/8'' beard and 7/8'' and 1'' spurs the other one that came in with him got on top of him and flogged him after I shot him then he strutted around for anohter ten minutes before he left, too bad you can only kill one a day because I have not had any luck since. I have not hunted as much this year as in years past because of a new job so I have only been going on the weekends still plenty of time though, any luck you're self?

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone on several afternoon hunts and last Sunday morning but still no bird. Had one good one gobble at us and was coming in but the dang hens stole him away that day and the other day one jumped me by sneaking up behind me and letting out a gobble!
    I'll keep trying and it's awesome just to be out. Congrats on your bird that would have been cool to video that hunt huh?
    Off to Florida in the morning for some fishing and relaxing but will be back in time to hunt the last weekend!