Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

WWII Vets...Before They Go

Please visit this page and see if it isn't time to say "Thank You" before they go. The WWII Vets are now dying at a high rate.

http://www.managedmusic.com/Music/PlayBeforeYouGo.php

To all WWII Vets and all other Vets.............THANK YOU, A MILLION THANKS!
    Salute

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WWII Vets...Before They Go

I feel the same way about these folks. I'm reading the book by Tom Brokaw titled "The Greatest Generation" and so far it's pretty amazing. Anyone else read this book?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Book is quite a tribute to the Greatest Generation. I had the priivilege to read it to a dying Vet from WWII and Korea. His wife got a signed copy from Brokaw but the Vet became too ill to read it on his own.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Yeah the Book is quite a tribute to the Greatest Generation. I had the priivilege to read it to a dying Vet from WWII and Korea. His wife got a signed copy from Brokaw but the Vet became too ill to read it on his own.

Grumpy
    Man that's awesome news. It warms my heart to know someone would do that. Your a good man.

Post Thanks / Like

My father passed in 2001 and was a SeaBee in WWII all over the South Pacific. It is my humble opinion that the generation of my mother and father, that Era, was the greatest generation of Americans to ever walk show leather. I'm sorry to say it has been a slow steady decline since. I hold ALL American service people at high regard and always will. Heck half of my family was military, I still wish to this day I would have joined and made a career out of it, I'd be retired now and fishing, lol. Dang ole girl kept me from doing it, you know the story, Young, Dumb, and the rest of the story, lol.