Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Memory of a lifetime.

Today my youngest Daughter caught her very first fish, all by herself. Sure did make ol' Dad proud! Memory I'll never forget!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Memory of a lifetime.

I hear ya man...I remember my daughter's first as well. Priceless!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wichita View Post
    Today my youngest Daughter caught her very first fish, all by herself. Sure did make ol' Dad proud! Memory I'll never forget!
    Give here a First Fish award. They are free to download at this link, the First Fish Awards. There are two first fish awards, both free, top quality and suitable for framing. One of the two allows you to insert a photograph to document the event. This is my nephew Duncan with his Award. I'm hoping to take him out saturday morning if he's willing to trade baseball practice for a fishing trip..it's a close call for him.

And if you are into awards check out the Bad Angler awards. Gag awards for all your pals. Most Phone Calls from Wife, Worst Boat Trailer Parking Jobs. 35 different free joke fishing awards. See the Bad Angler Awards here. Show your fishing buddies you care.

ba

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! I have a feeling I'll give a few of these.

Post Thanks / Like

These are funny. I like the Know It All Award. I can give out at least 5 of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Memory of a lifetime.

Congrats Witchita, Your made memories that you will never forget. I have an 8 yr old son. He was on Spring break last week so we went fishing 3 days. He caught a 10lb drum and was so excited about it. Between the drum and the bass he caught that was all he talked about all week and even last night when i got home from fishing
    Gongrats again and lets keep those kids fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of getting the kids out to fish and away from the Xbox. But I'm starting to realize how hard it is when you have a group of boys who want to play around and not fish. I spent Saturday shore fishing with 3 and the entire day was spent untangling lines and trying to keep the boys from harassing every angler they saw. I was raised to be respectful around adults, yes-mam, no-mam,etc. But the kids I'm around today think nothing of interrupting an adult in a conversation. I think I explained like 20 times that the anglers on shore worked hard all week and this was their relaxation time and that yelling around the water can spook fish. Maybe I should do a one on one trip and until the kid starts catching fish before adding in the group dynamic. Maybe if the fish were biting they'd have had a better trip.

I think we may add the 'Most Patient Dad' award to the Bad Angler awards. Or 'Best Line Untangler'.

Glad everyone liked these!! ba