Search Fishin.com

Thread: FYI on the War

Post Thanks / Like

FYI on the War

http://www.reasons-for-war-with-iraq.info/
    Just wanted everyone who ever wondered or was never told about or maybe even forgot, to have a starting point to get refreshed on this topic.
    Democrats and Republicans have known of Iraq's terrorists activities since the Jimmy Carter era. This is not one Presidents war. Check it out...you will read John Kerry, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and many others statements about WMD's and terrorists ties. Were they lying? They had intelligence given to them just like Bush. Open your mind and read it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FYI on the War

It always appears that the band wagon fills up pretty quick, and then fgolks start falling off the side as it goes down the road. Those that don't realize what this war is trying to prevent, find it too easy to be negative and not lend their support where it is needed. But you know...I have never heard of a terrorist attack on a group of people standing on the corner waving signs against the war. Guess it's a pretty safe place to be in some people's eyes.
    In my opinion, and this is my opinion, there is a war going on because there is a job to do, to eliminate as much as possible those who wish to terrorize the United States as a way of recognition, or to get a point across, or just to show that they can bring the big dog down. Those that think that we should have pulled out already and left without finishing the task at hand are the ones who would scream the loudest when they realize that they had just become a victem of these attacks, and not just someone with an opinion or out to get some votes from people who are as narrow minded as themselves.
    Remember this is my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm retired Army and everyone that knows me or have read my posts concerning the War...Know exactly how I feel about anyone spilling American Blood on American Soil.......Don't stop till their all dead or nuked off the planet.......

Post Thanks / Like

It really comes down to this for me...I would rather be on the side of the United States Military Power than against it, that is to say I would rather be contemplating should we have attacked? Instead of why didn't we.

Post Thanks / Like

In summing it up...I am an American,Proud to be an American, Will support any and all means that allow me to remain an American. At no time in my life can I see myself having any sort of a negative response to any involvement our military would ever ahve in any situation. Especially when it comes to keeping any and all off our homeland.
    Due to persoal family matters, I was not able to inlist in the military as a young man, but given a better situation, I would have served proudly, and hold a strong respect for any person who has or is willing in the future to serve their country.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra190 View Post
    At no time in my life can I see myself having any sort of a negative response to any involvement our military would ever ahve in any situation.
    Cobra, this statement indicates a level of trust in our leaders that I don't believe they deserve. The men and women in our armed forces go where they're sent and do an honorable and patriotic job - ALWAYS. Our political leaders, however, are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra190 View Post
    I...hold a strong respect for any person who has or is willing in the future to serve their country.
    Me too. I don't believe, however, that if you disagree with how our political leaders use our military, you are either unpatriotic or unsupportive of our fighting men and women. It is that scrutiny of elected officials that makes us a democracy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Cobra, this statement indicates a level of trust in our leaders that I don't believe they deserve. The men and women in our armed forces go where they're sent and do an honorable and patriotic job - ALWAYS. Our political leaders, however, are a different story.

Me too. I don't believe, however, that if you disagree with how our political leaders use our military, you are either unpatriotic or unsupportive of our fighting men and women. It is that scrutiny of elected officials that makes us a democracy.

I believe that support and trust do not go hand in hand. I agree totally that in many cases our military is asked to do as they are told regardless if it is the right thing, or the wrong thing. The point I was trying to make was that I support the armed forces in all their undertaking. And agree totally that each and all have a right to their choice of supporting the stand of those in office.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a vet, my step father was retired infantry, I lived on base for a short time.Our grandson is on his second tour there. Want my opinion, really?We made a big mistake! We could have fought all the muslim extremists we could have handled in afganistan, which was in my opinion, a just operation. Iraq?We screwed the pooch.IT IS NOT GETTING BETTER IN EITHER PLACE. If the draft dodger was sincere in winning, he would have instituted the draft, when we leave, no matter how long it takes, those two diffeerent sects are going to slaughter each other. and our wouinded vets will get the shaft some times in thwe future, because no one wants to share the burden of higher vet benefits. Just look at what happened to the vet hospitals after viet nam, most of them are short staffed, and benefits are being triaged.But thats only my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry I hear it is getting better and I also hear the nay sayers say that it's a lost cause. Who do we believe? Politicians? The media? Our Military men? I choose Military men and they have said things are going in the right direction. The media would want us to believe that nothing is right and we are a unch of idiots. The media is slanted to the Liberal side of things and in order to get back at the Rep. party they will portray us as monsters.

Post Thanks / Like

That brief spurt when it was ballyhooed that the Iragi clans were fighting the taliban for us is bull s---. what they were doing is killing out siders who were killing iraqis. there were algerians syrians, and other muslim extremists, tghat were being killed, so that they could not kill any more civilians. there was no taliban in Iraq before we invaded.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the media are for the most part a bunch of Liberal Commies. They should be barred from the war zones. I wonder how many of our soldiers have been killed looking out for their sorry butts.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry

So there were no Taliban in Iraq before we invaded? They just came running after we got there? Or are there still not any there? Do the state sponsored terrorists and their training camps count?

BTW, What was Iraq going to do with all that hidden cash and the bunkers full of munitions the U.S. military found?