Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you feel the Earthquake at 5:37

At exactly 5:37 am we had a Earth Quake go through the area.... The news has just reported that it was a 5.4 magnitude.... What an awesome feeling, it woke both my boys up from the shaking of their beds...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did you feel the Earthquake at 5:37

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    At exactly 5:37 am we had a Earth Quake go through the area.... The news has just reported that it was a 5.4 magnitude.... What an awesome feeling, it woke both my boys up from the shaking of their beds...
    I was in hit the snooze mode here near Cincinnati when the house shook. I though a tornando had hit but heard nothing. I jumped up out of bed but it was gone. Guess I need to go turn on the news to see the epicenter was located.

Post Thanks / Like

woke everybody up here...rattled some pics off the wall..quakes are scary stuff..freaked my wife and kids out a little...heck I was kinda freaked too

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, that was wild...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was my dog rubbing against mu bed trying to get me up. That was an experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Most importantly, how is the earthquake going to effect the fishing this weekend? Maybe it will make the bass bigger like in California. Just wishing. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...we felt it in Valley Station! Rattled the house pretty good. It freaked my bird dog out quite a bit too...she doesn't do thunderstorms very well and this earthquake thing really boggled her mind. I think dog's are more sensitive to earthquakes than people are because their paws are so sensitive.

What are people supposed to do during an earthquake anyway? My first thought was to go outside, but I'm not sure that would be good either because of how many tree's I have surrounding my place.

Post Thanks / Like

Felt it down here in the Western part of the state... It shook the bed and woke me up, I thought my son had came in my room and was jumoing on my bed....Wild feeling thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Did you feel the Earthquake at 5:37

Boy That New Fiber Stuff Is Really Working Good-we Live In The Highlands And It Felt Like A Train Going By For About Ten Seconds,hope Everyone Ok This Morning Tnt

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Oldham county about 20 to 25 minutes outside of Louisville and boys let me tell ya it shook the house pretty dang hard. Kinda skeered me a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just about to make coffee when everything started to shake. I had deer heads shaking, grandfather clock chiming and beagles howling. Pretty wild. Hope nobody had any damage. One of the buildings up in Louisville lost some bricks from around the roof.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Yep...we felt it in Valley Station! Rattled the house pretty good. It freaked my bird dog out quite a bit too...she doesn't do thunderstorms very well and this earthquake thing really boggled her mind. I think dog's are more sensitive to earthquakes than people are because their paws are so sensitive.

What are people supposed to do during an earthquake anyway? My first thought was to go outside, but I'm not sure that would be good either because of how many tree's I have surrounding my place.
    If your inside, get in a door jam. If outside, get clear of any structure or trees, the chances of the Earth opening up are slim.

I have lived in the Station my whole life. Where in Valley Station do you live? We might have to hook up and wet a line sometime.

Keep on chuckin.