Search Fishin.com

Thread: Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka

Maybe this earth quake let some water out of patoka for this weeks tourney.We couldn't get that lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patoka

I wonder how this quake may have effected some of the earthen dams that hold back the waters on other reservoirs?

I know one thing. This Earth Quake sure ruined my sleep this morning. I didn't get any sleep last night. I went to bed around 4 am and the first quake hit at 4:30 am. I was deep asleep and got woke up thinking there was a tornado hitting my house. Then I realized that there was no winds and or rain. So my next though was that a garbage truck or other big truck was coming down the road. That thought was quickly dismissed when the shaking kept up. Only then did I wake up enough to get out of that dream state and think that it was an earthquake. It lasted 45 to 60 seconds which was a long time to wonder what was going on with my entire house. I got up and then went outside. I went back to bed around 5:30 am as I was so tired. I had been up all night. So at 10:30 AM the second quake woke me up again. Then the **** phone range and further woke me up out of another deep sleep. I should have unplugged the phone from the wall so that I could get some sleep. I finally fell asleep again and slept until 3 pm. I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sore Thumb II View Post
    Maybe this earth quake let some water out of Patoka for this weeks tourney.We couldn't get that lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Shake, Rattle, And Roll!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrived at Patoka Thursday night........ weather was great but water was so high it was almost impossible to fish anything that we knew from past trips... our group had 4 boats with two people in each 4 days and we caught four fish all short...

i think the earth quake affected the fish more than anything... Thursday night we caught probably 2 dozen crappie off the back of our houseboat after the earthquake not but maybe two crappie over the next two nights...

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka Was Rough This Weekend, Didn't Even Get A Bite. I Didn't Even See Any Bait Fish. It Was Bad. I Think It Was A Mixture Of The High Water Level, Cold Front, And Oh Yea The Freakin Earthquake. Im Not Giving Up On This Lake Though. We Are Planning Another Trip In About A Month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover28 View Post
    Patoka Was Rough This Weekend, Didn't Even Get A Bite. I Didn't Even See Any Bait Fish. It Was Bad. I Think It Was A Mixture Of The High Water Level, Cold Front, And Oh Yea The Freakin Earthquake. Im Not Giving Up On This Lake Though. We Are Planning Another Trip In About A Month.
    Check out my Patoka tourney head line here

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Patoka yesterday and it was tough in the Lick Fork area. Fished for crappie and all we could catch were dinks. Gave up on the shallows and found lots of fish 25 to 35 foot deep and they were small too. For crappies I am not going back till the lake gets down some and I only live 3 miles from South Lick Fork ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

When me and my partner fish the tourney Sunday he caught a nice Crappie on a crank bait maybe you fish for them with cank bait at Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Gander Mountain in Evansville, IN this past week. I noticed that they still have a copy of the book "Precision Trolling" on the shelf in the fishing dept. It's at the North end of one of the ails where they stock all the baits and fishing lures.

I hear about this book a few years ago on a another fishing forum. This book is a good read if you are wanting to setup to troll for fish of any species.

Trolling for crappie is a good way to catch them, especially in the hot summer months when the fish suspend out in what's called Confined Open Water. Confined Open Water is an In-Fisherman Term. You can learn all about the meaning of this term by reading the "Crappie Wisdom" book by In-Fisherman. They also have a new series of books out about crappie fishing. In-Fisherman Critical Concepts [crappie fundamentals-book 1] and then [Crappie Location -book 2]. There will be two more in the series of 4 total books. So far only book 1 and book 2 are in print. I'll post when book 3 is published. Basically they are adding new information to the main Crappie Wisdom book using a series of 4 new short books. Crappie Wisdom already contains a lot of this information but these new books have some updated information about crappie fishing. I recommend all of them to anyone that's serious about crappie fishing. You can sure catch fish without reading them but they are a good tool to have on your bookshelf.

The only problem I can see with trolling crank baits in these times if the higher price of gasoline. At $4.00/gallon it may burn a hole in your pocket. But it's a great way to quickly located schools of suspended crappie in the summer months of June, July and August.

Quote Originally Posted by Sore Thumb II View Post
    When me and my partner fish the tourney Sunday he caught a nice Crappie on a crank bait maybe you fish for them with crank bait at Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka is basically, spinnerbaits in the wood and rattletraps over grass.

And throw and throw and throw.

topwater