Search Fishin.com

Thread: Info for Laurel

Post Thanks / Like

Info for Laurel

got the bfl this weekend on laurel and i hadnt fished that lake but one time in my life and it was when i was younger...just wanting to know how the lake fishes and what fish are usually caught on...thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Info for Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by bereabasser View Post
    got the bfl this weekend on laurel and i hadnt fished that lake but one time in my life and it was when i was younger...just wanting to know how the lake fishes and what fish are usually caught on...thanks for any help
    She will be a tough for the pressure is unreal right now. Bedded fish if not locked down. Stick ups for the mainpart for fish were staying suspended in these last week. Just be careful because there are four more tournies going out this saturday, why i have know idea. will probably add about 100 more boats to the field along with the bfl. be careful while driving and i imagine every nook and crany will be filled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcbasser View Post
    She will be a tough for the pressure is unreal right now. Bedded fish if not locked down. Stick ups for the mainpart for fish were staying suspended in these last week. Just be careful because there are four more tournies going out this saturday, why i have know idea. will probably add about 100 more boats to the field along with the bfl. be careful while driving and i imagine every nook and crany will be filled.
    oh as far as catching, cranks, and rigging will be what everyone will be doing for the most part. water was in the 59 to 60 range over the weekend and should be even warmer now. if you get to pre fish spend some quality time in the timber.

Post Thanks / Like

I think most tournment are won from the powerlines that cross on the upper third of the lake. Also the area behind Hollybay is much larger than people expect and dont take the time to idle through there, so it doesnt get the pressure of other areas.
    Say hi to my brother up there at berea.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey dangermouse whos your brother...if he fishes i probably know him

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck this weekend. Went today and scored a big goose egg. Got there at 3 and fished till 12. Nothing at all. Talked to one guy when we got there, he caught a 6 lb smallie and a 4 lb large. Caught them at the powerlines. Seen alot of fish on the bed. Tough bite. Talked to bout 7 other guys and one caught a little dink and the others nothing also. I would suggest to fish slow bc it probally will not take to much to win this weekend. Not looking good for the home team. Plus its supposed to rain.

Post Thanks / Like

He works in the Telephone office there , Windstream