Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Broke a rod yesterday

I was slinging a Strike King Red Eye Shad yesterday and snap! My crankbait rod snapped about 12" from the tip. That discount rod has served me well over the last 5 yrs. I bought it from a discount rack at the Lexington Boat Show for $15. I've landed a few over 5 and one pushing 7 with that rod. I guess I got my money out of it anyway.

Any suggestions for a good 7' crankin' stick? My next crankbait rod will be set up with a 5.1:1 Shimano Curado... I'll probably spend $40 - $70 on my next crankin' stick.

My fishing day yesterday... We caught 9 total. I had one 4 pound LM on a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broke a rod yesterday

In that price range, I really like the BPS Crankin Sticks - I have several and I like them.

Post Thanks / Like

i know some may laugh but i use the 7ft 4pwr falcons,i broke one..got one the cheap cherrywood rods 7ft med and i really cant tell much difference.i have a cheap $10 rod i have caught just as many on,but i usaully use shad raps on it so it may have an advantage..the bps sticks are good too..

Post Thanks / Like

Just like Forbin wrote...check out the BPS Crankin' Sticks...they're in the price range you mentioned and they're light in the hand. I also have a Curado on mine...a very nice set up in my own opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here BPS rods I actually have rods that cost $200+ and yet BPS has rods that are $29 that I Actually use more than my more expensive ones and the eyes are fuji and they hold up. One note though if it says medium it is a medium action but if it says medium heavy or heavy trust me IT IS!! Heavy action BPS rods are serious flippin sticks

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Loomis crankbait rods I like very well. But I have a Bass Pro Shops Crankin' Stick I like it just as well. At a fraction of the price of the Loomis. Good Luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

smljaw, i have one of those fisher price light action plastic fishing poles. you are more than welcome to have it for $70.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Broke a rod yesterday

I prefer the BPS Extereme series Rods....These are just as good as the more expensive Loomis...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Broke a rod yesterday

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the BPS rod might be the way to go. DYNATRAK, I'm sure you can get more than $70 if you stick it on ebay (or somewhere else...). I appreciate your offer though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey BPS has their Finess rods on sale right now.........Originally 99.00 but you can get them for 69.00...........And they have a 15% coupon in the mail right now........So you can get a hundred buck rod for about 50.........NOT a bad DEAL.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on BPS rods...but specifically, 90% of rods I own are BPS Bionic Blades. No matter the length, action, etc. they have all served me well. Usually they run $70-75, but they always run them once year Buy 2 get on free which is roughly $50 each. I have all star crankin rod that is more expensive but I can't tell the difference.