Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruising bass how do u catch em?????????

so when u are fishing u always see big bass cruising and you cast to em and they pay no attention what so ever to your bait.. i have tried flukes and other things to get their attention but it is all to no avail.... what can i do to catch them i have yet to unlock that secret????? i need all the help i can get here.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cruising bass how do u catch em?????????

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    so when u are fishing u always see big bass cruising and you cast to em and they pay no attention what so ever to your bait.. i have tried flukes and other things to get their attention but it is all to no avail.... what can i do to catch them i have yet to unlock that secret????? i need all the help i can get here.....
    Ryan,
    I caught probably 5 or 6 yesterday on that finesse worm, castin it to the bank and barely moving it in the water and staying outa sight as much as i could. This has worked for me for years.....

Post Thanks / Like

Well what i have learned over the years if they can see you its to late--most of the times they have other things on their minds--And do keep in mine they are females need i say more lol --GL to us all

Post Thanks / Like

Dynamite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
    Dynamite
    Yes by TNT lure company. But they could care less about anything in your boat, that you have to offer. You can wast a alot of time on one of them if want.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything above including the dynomite lol...And while they are on the nest try a salamander...they will try to kill them even when they aren't hungry..good luck..Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

If a cruising bass pays no attention to what I am throwing, I will try a bright color for a reaction hit, or try to let a senko bounce off it's head - if that doesn't work, I quit wasting time and maybe come back a little later, but ease up a little slower. If a fish is up on the bed, you can spend more time working them.

Post Thanks / Like

if you see em, scoot out use some light line and a lizard with no weigh,throw it on the bank to make no splash well in front of where they are headed.sometimes it works sometimes it don't...
    you think catching a cruising bass is hard wait til you get married...

Post Thanks / Like

whats that supposed to mean about catchin a cruisin bass bein hard wait till i get married..... hell everytime i hook up to the ranger she comes runnin with her fishin rod and little tackle box.... she goes when i go usually she just floats on a tube tied to the cleat behind the boat while i fish...... i dont think my fishin will ever become a problem.....but its no big deal if she is catchin bluegill i am happy..... she can tie a knot, bait her own hook, and even take her fish off the hook.... i thank her daddy for that one......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    whats that supposed to mean about catchin a cruisin bass bein hard wait till i get married..... hell everytime i hook up to the ranger she comes runnin with her fishin rod and little tackle box.... she goes when i go usually she just floats on a tube tied to the cleat behind the boat while i fish...... i dont think my fishin will ever become a problem.....but its no big deal if she is catchin bluegill i am happy..... she can tie a knot, bait her own hook, and even take her fish off the hook.... i thank her daddy for that one......
    YOU SIR, have a keeper...

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from laurel and there cruisin everywere...we tried embut couldnt get any of em to hit,we only tried on em for abut an hour but decided it wouldnt the thing to be doin for our tourny...id like to find out how to catchem too

Post Thanks / Like

thank yall for the advice on this i got 20th in the bfl on laurel as a co angler....