Search Fishin.com

Thread: "Urine Test"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb "Urine Test"

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job--I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their @ss, doing drugs, while I work. Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?! Something has to change in this counry--and soon.

(Sent to Patti by a high school friend who is an attorney in MS).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Urine Test"

People abusing welfare has always struck a nerve with me.Im glad its there to help familys when its needed but it was never intended to be a way of life.But folks sitting around doing drugs,playing lottery and buying the best products in the grocery while we buy store brands trying to stretch a dollar and work our hind ends off.....that really gets me PO'D.

Another point id like to make is if a man who works hard all day and wants to do his drug at night or on the weekends thats his business.I dont think your company should stick there nose in what you do in your spare time or private business.I know if its in your system they cant tell when it was done and all that.

With that being said its not my battle though,i dont do drugs or condone them but i know several hard working individuals that enjoy it recreational and it doesnt effect there work or take away from there family.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are second and third generation raised on wellfare. I think that if you can not take care of yourself then they should not be allowed to bring childeren into the world while they are on wellfare.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to the drug test for benefits, that would have to lower taxes for all. somebody get this to the to be presidents. however I do agree with the post if you work hard and earn your money. what you do on your own time is your business

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I think that if you receive any income from the government, including unemployment and social security, you should not only have to pass a urine test, but you loose your right to vote as well. This will prevent politicians from pandering to those who are a drain on society by promising to increase their "benefits". It would cut down on spending on social programs and create a better, more intelligent, and more responsible, voting class in this country. Not to mention lower taxes for those who work for a living.

Just my $.02.

Keep on chuckin'

Post Thanks / Like

HOLD UP A MINUTE: "including unemployment and social security, you should not only have to pass a urine test, but you loose your right to vote as well.

if someone looses their job may it be to the company closing its doors, or someone becoming disabled and being on SS not allow to vote???? what are you smoking????

I do agree that the lowlife ingrates that sit on thier arse and dont try to find work should take a urine test and not just one, more like atleast one a month. but I know some outstanding people that are on SS. "one person stands to mind, he was injured in a car wreck and now is unable to work full time, He however does work PT when he is able too, He doesnt use illegal drugs and he would take his shirt off his back to help you or anyone else but you think he shouldnt be allowed to vote??? WhatEVER!!!!

WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY PEOPLE THINK THE PROBLEM IS WITH PEOPLE SITTING AROUND NOT WORKING LIVING OFF GOVERMENT FUNDS, I THINK THE PROBLEM IS WITH OUR GOVERMENT FOR NOT ESTABLISHING CHECKS AND BALANCES FOR THESE PROGRAMS.
    ok, here are a few facts... goverment cannot run our postal system properly what makes any of us think they can run anything on a bigger scale properly...

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: "Urine Test"

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall2002 View Post
    Honestly I think that if you receive any income from the government, including unemployment and social security, you should not only have to pass a urine test, but you loose your right to vote as well. This will prevent politicians from pandering to those who are a drain on society by promising to increase their "benefits". It would cut down on spending on social programs and create a better, more intelligent, and more responsible, voting class in this country. Not to mention lower taxes for those who work for a living.

Just my $.02.

Keep on chuckin'
    Struck a very bad nerve with me on this comment...I guess my Dad should not have the right to vote...Being that he has been disabled since the age of 30, He has a big hole in his " HEART " and any stress other than a normal walk to the mail box could kill him instantly.....You need to rethink about your post and edit it some I do believe........

Post Thanks / Like

Do not fool yourself that recreational user may do it on Saturday night but come monday morning it is still in his system, depending on the drug of choice. The effects can still play a big part in your safty and those around you. Day dreaming, nodding off while driving, mood swings. These are just a few of the dangers stronger drugs can even cause flash backs months after being ingested. Ask yourself the next time your on the interstate, if you think it is OK for that 18 wheeler driver to get stoned on the weekend, and on monday he is driving a 60+ foot long bullit that can drive right over a small car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Struck a very bad nerve with me on this comment...I guess my Dad should not have the right to vote...Being that he has been disabled since the age of 30, He has a big hole in his " HEART " and any stress other than a normal walk to the mail box could kill him instantly.....You need to rethink about your post and edit it some I do believe........
    In 1983 I had my sacroiliac broken while in the Army, I lost 50% of my hearing when a tank gunner could not tell a personel carrier from a target and a HE round went off just 75 feet from our track, I have developed a disease called PKD When they removed the right kidney it weighed 22 pounds, I have a 17 inch scar on my left side where it was removed I am now on dialysis three days a week for 5 hours at a time. I recieved a medical discharge from the Army in 1984 I worked untill 1999 when I lost my kidney and the doctors told me the other kidney was nearly as bad and had to have it reduced by surgury. It took me 6 years to get the VA to start my beneifits I earned my right to vote with 8 years of service to my country and you think anyone who draws a benifit check is a leech and should be considered as lowly as a s a felon. guy politicions do not pander to the poor we do not have what they want, "money" I agree a drug user or a drunk should not be paid for their problem but do not clump everyone in one wad your mom might not be worthy to vote if she is drawing her SS.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys got this all wrong.

[QUOTE=bassin_bug;324177]Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job--I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their @ss, doing drugs, while I work. Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?! Something has to change in this counry--and soon.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys got this all wrong.

If you guys are paying more in taxes than you are for gas,food,insurance, and healthcare then I guess I'm the only poor guy on here. The taxes I pay would no where come even close to the money I spend on gas in a year. The problem here is with the rich, they want to get richer.
    WE ALL need to make these politicians step up to the plate and to try and do something about this mess (gas,rising food prices,healthcare costs). If gas were $2.00 a gallon we wouldn't be in this mess and I can remember when I thought $2.00/gal was insane. I don't know the answer but I haven't heard any of the 3 stooges running for president have a suggestion either. I guess they are accepting handouts from the big oil guys. Alternative fuels sources would help some but we need it now not 10 years from now.
    I'm not saying that there is not a problem with government waste and there is misuse of welfare. But did you know that the "urine test" you speak of has interfering substances that cause "false positives" in some instances (various legitimate prescription drug interactions or even errors can happen with collection/testing). For some of these folks there is real need and if there is a positive test, there would need to be a retest for verification. As far as the unemployed being tested...are you kidding me. I was unemployed for 2 years after 20 years of working for the same factory.....our company got ran under by foreign competition (NAFTA, another big problem). I went to school and bettered myself and now work in a hosptial lab. Oh, who's gonna pay for all these drug screens...the taxpayers...and believe me they are not cheap. Random drug screens, where anyone could be tested at anytime might work as a deterent for some drug use and would not be as costly to the taxpayers.

Tim
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

I feel all you guys pain. I work for the State of Ky and I am one of those who "give out" the benifits. I agree that there needs to be a time limit for those who receive as I have several clients that have been receiving for years. But I cannot do anything about this as I need my check so I can pay for gas etc.