Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

floyds fork fishing report

Floated Floyds Fork yesterday between Bells Mill Rd and the Salt River. The two of us caught 51 fish. 2/3 were white bass, but also caught two 8-10 pound drums, 6 small sauger, a couple good size hybrids, several smallies and a couple large mouths around 13 inches. Great day in a Kayak. Fished most of the day using rebel crawfish, med brown worked best, and shadrap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: floyds fork fishing report

Is there a public access area on Bells Mill Rd. or did you have to launch on private property? I would love to do some canoeing/fishing there since it is right up the road from me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been told that you can launch into the Salt River at the KOA campground on 44 for a fee. Floyds Fork empties into the Salt next to the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

You can launch at KOA but they charge a pretty high fee. As for the river itself there are a couple of places where you can launch without paying. Such as behind the convention center. I was interested in doing the Floyd's Fork float to the river if possible. I believe the bridge near the golf course on Bells Mill is FF and you could probably launch from there but I am not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I put in through a private yard, but I went up and asked first and they were fine. Always are, but I always ask, unless its 7am. I go in at the house on the left side, if your coming from Preston Hwy to Bells Mill. But let me warn you, its a long trip!! I take out at the apartments along hwy 44, where the bridge is. Koa is another 1/4 mile, and Shepherdsville another .5 on top of that. By this time, you will be one tired puppy, I assure you. There are not many places to take out along the trip! The fishing is best the first 1/2. If your not up to 6 hour trip, find some places north in Louisville to put in and take out, there are more streets that cross it up that way. One more thing, go now. The creek will get too shallow real soon. Its not more than 5 feet anywhere, and avg is 3 feet or so. Take some night crawlers for guaranteed catfish, if nothing else bites. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

while the water is shallower on the upper end (from pope lick to broad run) you can put in at Seatonville rd or at the canoe launch and take out at broad run. Smallies run 9-13" and a lot of channel cats about the same. 3-4" black senkos and in-line spinners work best for me. Lots of fun on light gear.