Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

What to expect at Dale Hollow

Hello everyone. I will be at Dale Hollow from May 2-7. I will be staying at Star Point and i was wondering what to expect as far as the Smallie fishing. From the reports i have seen on here it looks like they are on the nests but do they have a chance of finishing up by this weekend? I am strictly catch and release and any help will be great. I am going to try to get some bait while down there too so i will be fishing live bait and lures. My main plan is to drift the flats with some live bait out the back and throw grubs and swimbaits in the grass. i have caught smallies from the hollow but never any real numbers of fish. If you don't want to post on here feel free to PM me or email at tglass@gbp.com. I will post a full report when i get back. PS i will also be traveling up to Cumberland at least 1 or 2 nights to try for some night time stripers. i will report on the whole trip when i get back. If you are going to be down the same time stop by and say hi i will be in a White and Black Nitro Bay 1900 Boat. Take care and thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to expect at Dale Hollow

Smallies are beginning to come off beds and feed some, should be better by next weekend. The water level is up in the bushes around the banks and back in the coves, when they come off beds don't ever pass up a bush. Flukes, floatin worms, senkos, topwater, all should be good.
    EXPECT; to get your string stretched !!! Repeatedly !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me Phoenix i thank you very much for your help. This trip is going to be a tough one for me because i fish for so many different types of fish. I will probably have over 20 rods i am taking because i am planning on hitting cumberland while i am down and maybe even bringing my river striper rods and fishing out of celina for a day on the cumberland. thank you again for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

bump to the top for any other help thanks