Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking CP and I was in the Congo catching Peacock bass...:)

Actually CrappiePappy and I were at Cedar Creek killin' time fishing for them hawg crappie. We were up in a cove fishing water about 2' deep and having a great time. We heard a loud "SPLASH" and looked down the bank an older fellow was fighting a HUGH...and I do mean HUGH bass. We watched him for awhile and that thing was jumping and running all over the place. We both agreed it was pushing at LEAST 8+lbs...no BS, no kidding, no joke. This thing was as big around as a football. It came unbuttoned on him and we both were like...."dang". Guys/gals this was the biggest bass I have ever seen hooked on a line, mine or anyone's. If you are reading this post buddy...I sure hope you get to tangle with that beast again. It was a good one.
    Now those hawg crappies...they were no match for us! We must have caught 75-100 of them. To bad it would have taken them all to make a mess for a small fish fry!! Fred out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP and I was in the Congo catching Peacock bass...:)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1972 View Post
    Actually CrappiePappy and I were at Cedar Creek killin' time fishing for them hawg crappie. We were up in a cove fishing water about 2' deep and having a great time. We heard a loud "SPLASH" and looked down the bank an older fellow was fighting a HUGH...and I do mean HUGH bass. We watched him for awhile and that thing was jumping and running all over the place. We both agreed it was pushing at LEAST 8+lbs...no BS, no kidding, no joke. This thing was as big around as a football. It came unbuttoned on him and we both were like...."dang". Guys/gals this was the biggest bass I have ever seen hooked on a line, mine or anyone's. If you are reading this post buddy...I sure hope you get to tangle with that beast again. It was a good one.
    Now those hawg crappies...they were no match for us! We must have caught 75-100 of them. To bad it would have taken them all to make a mess for a small fish fry!! Fred out.

You had me at "Congo catching Peacock Bass". Nice day to catch 75-100 no matter where you are at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    You had me at "Congo catching Peacock Bass". Nice day to catch 75-100 no matter where you are at.
    OK, the Peacock bass are in the Amazon, not the Congo, but I am guessing that you knew that.. but since I went to the Amazon last year, I wanted to make sure no one got confuse ed..
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    OK, the Peacock bass are in the Amazon, not the Congo, but I am guessing that you knew that.. but since I went to the Amazon last year, I wanted to make sure no one got confuse ed..
    Jim
    Shows how much I know. I see Larry Dahlberg throwing homeade topwater baits that look like 2x2's, ripping them so hard they throw a spray 3 feet in the air then one of those monsters hits it like a train. Wishing I was in the Congo, Amazon or any place these fish swim. Nothing like a good topwater bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    Jim
    Yeah Jim. I knew that was just trying to be funny!