Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tyme's redfish trip result

Tyme's trip to New Orleans for Redfish:

My buddy and I left Louisville early on April 24th for the drive to New Orleans. Had a nice trip with traffic flowing nicely and no problems
    in that department. It was pleasant to see that law enforcement in Alabama was concerned for our needs. A trooper had someone pulled over every 3 miles throughout the state. They also had a "permanent" work zone with no work occuring. I had to apply firm pressure to the brakes to slow down from the posted limit of 70 mph to 50mph in the distance of 38 feet. Four feet beyond the 50mph sign sat Andy and Barney with their radar gun. I waved politely to them with all five fingers extended as I cruised by at 49 mph.

We spent Thursday night in Slidell,Louisianna. The Third World Motel had hosts Punjab and Indira. We were allowed to view our room before booking. Once the cockroaches had scurried to their beds after the light was turned on I inquired if we could get additional bath towels. The only two towels in the bathroom were smaller than I use to dry dishes. I knew my big behind would not be dried one of those. We declined to spend the night at that establishment.

Across the street was another motel operated by Asians. The Asians won out over the Pakistanis.

Friday morning we are to pick up another fisherman at Louie Armstrong International Airport. Since you can't stop in front of the pick-up area,I pretended I was Dale,Jr making laps around the airport pick-up area. After 40 or so laps our friend was located and off we go to our charter.

Our guide,Damon, piloted us to the Cajun chalet where we met up with the three other fishermen,another guide,and the cook.

The next four days were a blur. We threw black and yellow bass assassins and caught our limit of redfish and lots and lots of trout. I caught a 4.5 pound trout that the guide went wild over. He said that was a big trout in their area. The trout had an encounter with an alligator or gar or something with teeth. About three-fourths of the trout's tail was bitten off.

The food: Our cook was just great. I can't pronounce, much less spell, some of the cajun meals he prepared. Fried trout,blackened redfish,redfish on the half-shell, gumbo, red beans and rice, desserts,. I gained 4 pounds over the trip!!

We decided to drive straight thru on the return trip. Waved again at Andy and Barney. The 13 hour drive hit me so hard I wasted Tuesday sleeping all day after I had gotten back.

So now I have redfish,trout,crappie,bluegills,and catfish in the freezer.

Tightlines to y'all

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tyme's redfish trip result

Sounds like y'all had a good tyme. Congrats. Now send me some filets...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Sounds like y'all had a good tyme. Congrats. Now send me some filets...
    My best guess is the redfish fillets cost about $400/per pound. How many pounds do you want???

Post Thanks / Like

Redfish pics
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/Tyme2fish/RedfishTrip2008011.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/Tyme2fish/RedfishTrip2008010.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/Tyme2fish/RedfishTrip2008009.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch.

Maybe you can just catch some fumes in a bag and send that to me.

Never mind, I just heard the price of stamps has gone up again, and I can't afford the cost of shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish! We just got back from Florida and caught some Trout and Ladyfish but no Redfish. Heck it was fun anyway!