Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dead week at college...classes cancelled.....i am heading to laurel.....

its the last week before finals and i prolly should be studying or typing a paper or something of that sort.... but nope i am settin here talkin about fishin.... thinkin about fishin..... still smelll like fish from fishin today.... and i am ready to head out tommorrow.... just need to put some line on a few of my reels and i am ready to roll... ranger called and said my new boat needed a new computer since it was only turning 5200 rpm on a optimax pro xs... so they ordered it yesterday got it in today and my little silverado is goin to be settin at the gate waitin on someone to show up at pittsburg marine so i can hook up and head out... i went today to taylorsville with my future father in law this trip with him didnt cost me as much as it did the last time when i asked him if i could marry his daughter before i bought the 1 1/2 carrot ring........ but we caught a bunch of fish no size really but hey we was on the lake and fishing....but i am goin to head to laurel and see if i can catch me some big brown fish.... i will post the results tommorrow....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dead week at college...classes cancelled.....i am heading to laurel.....

Good Luck, on the fishing and the exams!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan,

Good for you brother!! I only see one flaw you made with the "future wife" though, and I am suprised no on here warned you of this HUGE problem. I started my wife off with a 1/2 carat ring 12 plus years ago, and as off 2 years ago she had upgrade the last time to a 2 carat. Now, you started off with a 1 1/2 carat ring, what do you think she is going to want on your "diamond aniver"? Good luck and start saving now for that one
    Have a fun week, but make sure you do not make the same mistake I made at your stage in life with school and do get the homework done, and some studying in, somewhere between trips. Unfortuately in my day it was beer, beer, beer, women, women, women, every chance I got and I never remembered to study until it was to late. That's why I had to go back for my MBA, because every job I looked at wanted my "GPA". I figured out that they just want your GPA for the highest degree and decided to actually STUDY (albeit I was older with kids then) and graduate with honors so I did not have to hold my head down and write "GPA, 2.2, while drunk the entire time with women around me" in that blank anymore

Have fun!!

Rob

BTW, if you get a chance (now that I am back) can you send me an update on PM of how things are going outside of fishing? I hope well and still have you in our prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

1 1/2 carrott ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have went with the one and a few new rod and reel set-ups. She would have said yes either way. Good luck to you this week and next.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to fish those main lake and secondary flats...thats were the bigguns seems like there holding right now

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i fished main lake, just up in the river on some pockets around flatwoods. fished the back of spruce creek adn even down at the dam.... and at the dam u could see 3,4, and 5 pounders cruising holding to timber, and not paying any attention to anything i put in front of them..... i got so aggrivated at this one fish i put a floating worm right on his head and he was about a 3 or 4 pounder and he wouldnt bite at it or anything so i poked him with my rod adn he was out off the bank a bit.... i got some hits on a floatin worm but they would just swim up to it and bump it and never take it in i was careful to watch were they went but no beds.... it kinda loooked like the lake was turning over up in the river but who knows.... but i did get my boat out after they put a new computer on it and it done fine but i swapped out props on it from a 24 to a 23 tempest i hope it helps on the speed part......

Post Thanks / Like

did you open it up...how fast will she go with that pro xs

Post Thanks / Like

with the prop the way it was with the 24 on it i could only get lik 55.7 or so on the gps but only turning 5300 to 5400 rpm so i dunno i had the prop changed but gas is to expensivei decided to wait until sat or sun when i get back on the water to try it out...