Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Point of view from Holland

"We in Holland cannot figure out why you are even bothering to hold an
    election.

On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, and a
    lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.

On the other side, you have a true war hero married to a woman with a huge
    chest who owns a beer distributorship.

Is there a contest here? "

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Point of view from Holland

I'll go the large chest and beer thing, but the war hero might turn off a lot of folks. Our current office holders, like to think of being war heros, but were too busy covering their butts when the time for action came. War heros dont fare well.How about that vet from Ga, one term, medal of honor winner one term, a guy who ran a few year ago, was accused of getting puple hearts for paper cuts. And the biggest speaker for the hero conservative cause, he couldn't go because he had a pimple on his a--.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a true war hero/survivor will do well and McCain is that man. John Kerry was a joke and from what I remember there was enough controversy surrounding his recolection of what went on in the war that he looked like a liar.
    Either way I support Democrats and Republicans who served and I take offense to anyone even hinting that they think Military service is easy or scoffs at it as it was a less than honorable thing. Our Military is the best in the world and when needed they produce results unless the Politicians get involved which is status quo anymore.
    Giving 4-30 years of your life to the Military is tough and a necessary occupation for our awesome country which helps us maintain our standard of living. And to the men and women that gave their lives in addition to their families....absolute respect and heart felt sorrow for their sacrifice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I think a true war hero/survivor will do well and McCain is that man. John Kerry was a joke and from what I remember there was enough controversy surrounding his recolection of what went on in the war that he looked like a liar.
    Either way I support Democrats and Republicans who served and I take offense to anyone even hinting that they think Military service is easy or scoffs at it as it was a less than honorable thing. Our Military is the best in the world and when needed they produce results unless the Politicians get involved which is status quo anymore.
    Giving 4-30 years of your life to the Military is tough and a necessary occupation for our awesome country which helps us maintain our standard of living. And to the men and women that gave their lives in addition to their families....absolute respect and heart felt sorrow for their sacrifice.

Well Said:

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, Someone had to Pay For It!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As I may have said before, I was living on an army base for awihle when some of you guys were an idea. and i'm also a vet, have a grandson in Iraq onhis second tour. I'm not against the military, I believe the draft should never have been done away with. If kerry was a joke, the biggest joke got elected as president, and some folks think he really wanted to fly in combat. HAH!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bush ain't perfect but he was elected for two terms. Kerry did what?? Gore did what?? It's easy to sit back and judge what Bush has done and pick him apart but the guy went through so much with Katrina, 911 and then taking it to the terrorists. He didn't do all of it correctly but he didn't sit back and decide himself based on his gutfeelings. He relies on many people and specific intelligence to arrive at these decisions both Democrats and Republicans. Calling the President a joke just seems unamerican to me. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    ... Calling the President a joke just seems unamerican to me. JMO
    I disagree. Our freedom of speach is free enough that we can critisize our leaders. There are plenty of countries in the world where this is not possible.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, freedom of speech is a right we are lucky to have but it's a double edged sword. Look at Obama's ex spiritual leader. He pushed the envelope with alot of people and that's the other edge of the sword. One man's freedom can offend another man's beliefs to the core. (I'm not speaking of calling the president a joke because people have said worse) Who knows if Hillary or Obama gets in then I might be exercising my right from the mountain tops! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

And no matter who is elected, jokes about them will go on. This isn't new, been happening as far back as I can remember, and it is a right of free speech, so go ahead and make your jokes about OB. By the way, are we sure that God didn't give mcain three tablets?

Post Thanks / Like

Obama hasn't done a thing as the Commander in Cheif and he has jokes, scandal, terrible associations with less than desirable people surrounding him already.
    I am still amazed that people want to support him.
    I agree that McCain is old but is age really a bad thing? Shouldn't that make you wiser? (lol) BTW, he wasn't my choice from the (R) party but I will support him. IMO McCain will beat Obama because he walks the party lines so he will pull some (D) votes and he will expose Obama's inexperience on foreign affairs.