Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Wink Hurricane prediction for Cumberland

Approaching from the norhtwest. Hurricane Bob will settle over Lake Cumberland Monday, and is expected to be in the area thru Thursday. Fair warning to all, bring your rain coats!

Want to get Momma on some nighttime top water Stripers. Will ramp and stay at Jamestown. Suggestions for hot spots welcomed.

If you're on the lake this week, I'll be in a burgundy pontoon, with avatar smiley on the rear port pontoon. Cell phone is 270-735-7814, no marine band aboard. Yell if ya want to chat. Be glad to share anything I learn while down there, and will post on return.

Fair warning, though weather man says its a great week to fish, anytime I hit the ramp, severe weather is likely to sneak in. Ergo the name.

Cheers!

PS: I'll be easy to spot, I dumped my Off-Shore Boards, and now troll using finned, directional, Makers Marker bottle floats. And yes, they all will be empty before I leave home. Momma is helping me right now to get the last of the Maker's boards ready to go

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hurricane prediction for Cumberland

Good luck Bob I hope you and the little woman tangle with some huge linesides.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang!! Don't you feel guilty for the foul weather your going to bring in on so many unsuspecting folks?.....Especially those that don't visit this site and don't know what's coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Alewifes up around midnight, stripers around 1. Slow weekend, but there were some to be had. Walleye were up pretty good.

Andrew

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Follow up report:

Went out from Jamestown Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. Tried Greasy, Cliffy, and first 2 turns in Wolfe, as well as main lake bluff walls right in the mouth of Jamestown harbor and right close to there. Shad up at midnight, Stripers and Walleye up about an hour after that. Amount of shad up at all locations was less then I expected. Amount of surface popping going on was less than expected, most was in the mouth of Jamestown, on the left bank and point as you leave the harbor area. Lots of shad came to a light under the pontoon bow, but not over shallow ater, had to be out over 60 foot or better to get a big cloud up. Easy to catch when you cut the light, then wait 3-5 seconds and pitch cast net. Most small threadfin. Caught 2 good sized walleye on redfins Tuesday night. Monday night saw 6-7 blow ups on redfins but the short sighted attakers always missed. Wednesday night right after the rain at dusk, had one blow up at the point of Jamestown with no hookup, then very few surface pops and no more blow ups till we quit at 2 AM. Shiners drew not one hit under bobbers at the bank, freelined, planer boarded to the walls, or downpoled. Was a relaxing trip with a couple highlights, fun catching bait, neat seeing the masive shad clouds under the light, and great sharing time alone with the wife. Just not the hot Striper top water action I was looking for, seemed slower than some of my better nights last year. probably weather front change related.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for the report Bob. I will be at Grider on the 12th. until ??? look me up if you get down this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, it seemed things were getting ready to really get going there a few weeks ago and now I'm hearing alot of so so to sorry reports. I'm glad you had a fun trip though and hey no hurricanes I guess, lol.