Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Partner + Chartruese Dye = Help

Well, I fished with a new partner this weekend and long story short nice guy but about an hour or two in the tournament, I hear him say oh "shizzle". I look back and he has just spilled about half a bottle of chartruese dye!!! #@@$$%%%##!!!!! It's on the front deck, the floor and the bench seat of my beloved Ranger. We scramble and get a towel and soak up what we can but really it didn't matter much. After we got off the water we took it to a car wash and pressure washed the carpet which helped some but you can still see it along with a good portion on the seats. I know he didn't mean to but man. Anyway, what is the best way to clean up the mess? I have heard some say just leave it out in the sun and it will eventually disappear. Others say use the Neutralizer on it but I hear that may harm the seats due to ingredients being too strong for seats. To me the carpet is not that big of a deal cause the carpet is starting to go and will need to be replaced by next year anyway. The seats on the other hand are newly installed Ranger seats and man I hate to see that Chartruese dye on 'em. Thanks in advance for any help, especially if anyone has any first hand experience with this problem before. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Partner + Chartruese Dye = Help

I would try Magic eraser id they were my seats.That little peice of foam is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather have chartruse colored seats than a co-angler who knocks my fish off trying to net them lol. Just paint the boat to match! Where have you been? Haven't torn your truck up in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

call the company that makes the dye they sell a neutralizer that will remove it from carpet not sure about the seat but I agree on the foam pad that stuff is incredible... hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing I didn't go with you this weekend. I can hear it now:

"Dizzle, you spilled shizzle all over my bizzle"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    I would rather have chartruse colored seats than a co-angler who knocks my fish off trying to net them lol. Just paint the boat to match! Where have you been? Haven't torn your truck up in a while.
    Yeah, I was thinking that I would just paint the ole red ranger chartruese and ride around and hope to get one to come up and bite it! As for me been recovering from back surgery and tried my first tourney this weekend. Needless to say I was out of fishing shape and the rough water on KY Lake about killed me, lol. No I haven't torn anything up in a while that is your job, lol. By the way, I will be coming to see you soon as I need to get the ole DuraMax serviced. I heard some fishing tales on you though so you must be getting out some and not stuck working all the time. I will come over and you can give me all the details!

I just called the company and they suggested I just leave the seats alone and not use the Neutralilzer on them as it could do more harm than good due to the ingredients. I think I will try the eraser though on a non-noticeable spot and see what happens. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

When you come in, I will get some cleaner from Todd. You can try it and see if it helps. Seems to do great on car interior. And yes, there have been some pretty interesting fishing trips as of late.

Take it easy Marty.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Rangerman, The magic eraser work on red dye that my cousin spilled in my boat... Give it a try

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the magic eraser and it might of helped a little but if you look closely you can still see the chartruese. I called the company and they said to put it in the sun and it would eventually disappear so I guess that is what I am going to do. Gives me another excuse to go fishing, lol. Thanks for the responses.

Don Smith Guest

Run a new Demo boat every year, and last year a buddy spilled about half a bottle on the carpet. I bought 4 bottles of neutralizer, poured them directly onto the area, and let sit for a few min. Hit it with a water hose, and it came right out. I did this 3 times in order to get the stain out, last time I took it too the car wash and used high pressure. Took a total of 4 bottles to get it done. Told this to someone at a bait store a few days later, and they laughed at me, and told me that the neutralizer was nothing but Fantastic cleaner, lol. So before anything else, try going to any food store or dollar general and get a bottle of regular fantastic, if that doesn't work, go with the neutralizer. It will come up!

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Leave out in the sun and the seats will clear up and disappear. I had some on my white seats in my Champion. Two outings in the sun and it's gone. The carpet however may be an issue, but what Don said makes alot of sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

The neutralizer is acually Acetone. It can be found in the Wal-Mart hardware section in the quart or gallon. Also the same as most of your wives finger nail polish remover.