Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

In the good old days

Gee I remember when we used to be americans first, and dems and replicans second. What happened? Ihad a guy on another board accuse me of devil worship because I'm a democrat. He didn't know beans about me, but felt he was able to judge me. This is a dangerous thing that is happening in this country. Ireland is christian, believe in the same God, and kill each other because they are following their beliefs. Can this happen here? Probably not, because we are not secular driven yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In the good old days

IMO....I think 911 showed we can join hands as americans when the chips are down. It really got disappointing when we get back to the daily grind and the (D) party starting their blame game and backing out on their support of the President and his actions. Politicians as a rule are crooks, liars and terrible role models but they influence our lives and they have let us down with sorry policies or no policies.
    All kidding aside about either party...no matter which one gets in we will not be better off unless they take the Immigration, Healthcare, Education, Energy and Iraq situation to task. I hope to task doesn't mean raise our taxes even more because the fuel prices are feeling the same as more taxes to me because I have no choice but to pay and this will hurt the country more than any other situation we have at hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree Don.

Larry, far as I'm concerned these are the good ole days. I think no less of you because you're a Dem, you can't help how you are. (Kidding now, don't get excited). If someone accused you of devil worship they were either kidding, or an idiot not worth bothering with. Although Dems are clearly godless devil worshipers, he didn't have to go and just say it out loud like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    ... It really got disappointing when we get back to the daily grind and the (D) party starting their blame game and backing out on their support of the President and his actions.....
    May be partly because the president started using 911 to further his own agenda??? Sorry, but that whole "you are unpatriotic if you don't support your president...." line was a crock. People speaking their mind and debating the government's actions has been a big part of America since 1776. Trying to subvert that was unpatriotic.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Democrat, but I don't have any pentagram tattoos. I guess that makes me what you call a "centrist."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    May be partly because the president started using 911 to further his own agenda??? Sorry, but that whole "you are unpatriotic if you don't support your president...." line was a crock. People speaking their mind and debating the government's actions has been a big part of America since 1776. Trying to subvert that was unpatriotic.

Andrew
    A few questions...
    1) What was his agenda? Not sure what you mean by that?
    2) You don't have to support your president but alot of people have accused him of being stupid, ignorant and being a joke? I mean come on how can they say that? I'm confident he isn't any of those things. So by that standard if you don't agree with someone they are stupid? A joke? Ignorant? Really? What happened to showing some respect for the hardest job in the world?