Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stradic 2500 mg ?

I give up. I keep trying to put line on this reel every different way you can imagine and all it does when you open the bail is go nutz. The owners manual says to have the line come off the spool like a baitcaster, off the top. It doesnt work. Also tried many different line types.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stradic 2500 mg ?

Want to sell it?

Post Thanks / Like

I just might. Right now it's at the bottom of the locker collecting dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Send me a message if you want to sell it, but I would give it another try - they are pretty sweet reels. What size and type of line are you using. I have found that anything over 8#'s of flouro on a spinning reel just doesn't work for me. 8# works good. Have you tried Seaguar invis-x - it does pretty good on spinning gear. Be careful not to overspool - that can cause the line to jump off a little.

Post Thanks / Like

are you laying the spool down or unwinding it off the spool with a pencil?i have found the best results to lay it flat make a few winds and see if it coils bad,if it does flip it over and it will usually work fine...with the pencil or even when i used to have them filled it would shoot off the spool.take it out side and tie it off,walk off a bunch go untie it and wind it back on holding with your thumb and finger,the twist will run out the free end,or let it out and troll it..don't fill it plum full..

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 2500mgs. I 've never have a problem with them. You want the line to come off the bottom of the spool instead of the top. I seen this on a fishing show with Mark Zona. It works! No line twist. Don't over spool it and like col forbin said 8lb. flor. is the best. I use 10lb. mono for like floating worms. Try it and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Take the rod to the water and cut off any bait, open the bail and idle to let out a BUNCH of line in the water. I let it out almost to the knot and then idle for a bit holding the tip of your rod down near the water. You will feel how much tension is on the rod in the beginning and feel it let up as all the twist are removed by the water. After idleing for a few minutes reel in the line and you will see and feel a huge difference in the tension. This is the only way to guarantee that no twist are on the spool. Re-tie and cast away. I do this periodically even after the initial spooling and it helps. Lets me make longer cast when I FNF which really helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I got it !!! On this reel it has to come off the bottom of the spool period. I like this reel alot more already. Thanks fellas.