Search Fishin.com

Barry Guest

Exclamation Rough river room? help...

I talked the wife in going out on the lake for the weekend. I was thinking about fishing Rough, any suggestions on a room / lodge? I've never stayed any where around Rough.

If you have a better lake / room suggestion I'm open to that as well. Didn't want to get to far away from Louisville with these gas prices tho.

Thanks,
    Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rough river room? help...

Try the lodge at rough, have not stayed there but have at Barren very nice, great buffet at barren too.

Post Thanks / Like

This link may help. Pine Tree and St Clairs are across the road from the state park and ramp. Tom.

http://www.kylakes.com/roughriver/roughriver.htm?BType=Lodging

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is pretty tough at Rough right now, water is still high and muddy. I have to agree on the buffet at the State Lodges, A+.....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Rough river room? help...

Nolin is rockin and is the same distance from Louisville... You could stay at the Moutardier Marina's Cabins they have there. I'm not to sure about any other accomodations but maybe the nice folks at the Marina can help you. Here is their number 270-286-4069 or if you want you can camp at the Moutardier Camp ground..The prices might have changed this year...But the ones with electric are $ 22.00 a night and the Primitive camp sites are $ 15.00 a night. Here is the number to call the Gate House for the Camp Ground.... 270-286-4230... Really nice Camp Ground with a kiddie play ground and a lot of camp sites down next to the water.....

I believe there is a Hotel or Motel or two there in Leitchfield about 10 to 12 miles from the lake if thats more to what your looking for.....

Have fun no matter where you decide to go...Have a nice day now......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Nolin is rockin and is the same distance from Louisville... You could stay at the Moutardier Marina's Cabins they have there. I'm not to sure about any other accomodations but maybe the nice folks at the Marina can help you. Here is their number 270-286-4069 or if you want you can camp at the Moutardier Camp ground..The prices might have changed this year...But the ones with electric are $ 22.00 a night and the Primitive camp sites are $ 15.00 a night. Here is the number to call the Gate House for the Camp Ground.... 270-286-4230... Really nice Camp Ground with a kiddie play ground and a lot of camp sites down next to the water.....

I believe there is a Hotel or Motel or two there in Leitchfield about 10 to 12 miles from the lake if thats more to what your looking for.....

Have fun no matter where you decide to go...Have a nice day now......
    Clyde has made some good suggestions. Also the Hotel at Wax is good too and they have the best cheeseburger in three states and I ain't kiddin either.

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin is the way to go... we live 30 miles from Rough and always make the trip to Nolin (60 mi); well worth it. Moutardier (Southwest end) has nice campgrounds, The motel at Wax (Northeast end) will run you $53/night good for the cash... Also, Ponderosa has a motel that runs $50/night (right in the middle of the lake). Ponderosa has a full kitchen and 2 King beds, but you have to bring your own kitchenware.

Was at Nolin last weekend with my 4 daughters and wife (camped at Moutardier was able to pull the boat in a cove right by the campsite)... Saturday they slayed the bluegill on nightcrawlers. I had a some small action on jigs... Bottom fished with minnows about 2 feet off the bottom and caught 3 Walleye.

Dinner was awesome Sunday night...

Barry Guest

Talking Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone for posting. Sounds like Nolin is the way to go.