Search Fishin.com

Thread: Last Cast Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Last Cast Jig

I have heard of these Last Cast Jigs before from a friend of mine. Is this a customer made jig or is there some place where I can buy some? I did a web search and came up with a few pics but that is all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last Cast Jig

Lastcastbait.com is their website. You can buy them at The Cabin on North Barkley and Fishermans Headquarters in Draffenville on North Kentucky. I live in Georgetown and will be going back to Ky Lake on the 15th. If you want me to pick you up some and don't want to pay the shipping then send me a private message and we can meet up and I will get your order and money before I leave. The Cabin will ship anything that you want and I have ordered from them several times with no problems if you can't wait that long.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and especially for the offer. I may just have to take you up on that. The more I get on this board, the more I am amazed at the generosity of it's members. It definitely makes you want to find ways to contribute and give back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Thanks for the info and especially for the offer. I may just have to take you up on that. The more I get on this board, the more I am amazed at the generosity of it's members. It definitely makes you want to find ways to contribute and give back.
    99.9% of the people on here are just awesome! Give you the shirt off their back if you ask, great bunch of guys!

Post Thanks / Like

The last cast jig is awesome!! I don't know what it is about them, but they are my favorite. The green pumpkin is different than any other green pumpkin I have seen. They still need a little doctoring, but not as much as most jigs. I know the hairy bug - the finesse jig, has a thin wire weedguard that is pretty snag-proof, and you don't miss too many hooksets as you do with a fiber guard. I know Bart at the Fisherman's Headquarter's keeps a big selection of them, however, I have a tendency to clean him out of my favorite colors - just kidding. The Cabin also has a good selection too. They are quality jigs - I used to think the banded skirts hold well, but the hand-tied last cast will hold up until you break it off - that skirt stays put. If your plan with Elwood falls through, PM me, and I may be able to get you a couple to try out.

Post Thanks / Like

I brought these jigs down here to the big lakes area two years ago after having met the owner and maker at the Indianapolis Boat Show. My friend Ray Rigby was at the show and came by to see me while I was doing seminars there. He told me about the jigs and introduced me to Jeff that makes the jigs. I knew as soon as I saw them they were gonna catch some fish...and they have hands down become my favorite finesse jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Good find Dave - thanks for bringing it to the area, and showing me what to get. The fish here definitely love it. Smallies and LM both love them here. I just got a new rod just for them - so I will always have one tied on.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the cabin yesterday they were all outta green pumkin hairy bugs in fact was real low on most colors, I tried them yesterday evening for a few hours and admit I like the wire weedgards I had to buy brown because the green's were gone didn't have much luck with it, it reminds me of the eakins but the head design stands it up more, also if you try to change the skirt - the lastcast skirt is tied on (which I like) but after an hour with no bites on it I cut the brown skirt and added a dark green pumpkin and hooked one about 2-1/2 lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Run over to Draffenville to the Fisherman's Headquarters, I stuck a bunch on the shelf the other day - but people are buying them up quick, they will probably get more in at the cabin in the next few days - they keep them stocked pretty well too. I overlooked thier green pumpkin several times - it almost appears gray, until you get it in some good light. I think that is one thing that makes them great - the green pumpkin is really dark, and unlike any other green pumpkin color I have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check with Bart, I didn't see 'em when I went in there a month or two ago, I must say I commend him for what he has done there in my opinion his shop is second to none around the area, not to mention he is one of the nicest guys I've met, I like Jeff in fact when you see the Christmas tree ranger he used to have it's me but I must say Bart has taken that store to an exciting new direction

Post Thanks / Like

None of the green pumpkins on the shelf anywhere. I guess they have caught on. The Eakins finesse is a close second if you can't find these.