Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville lake

is the lake muddy? what about salt river, is it muddy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville lake

Don't know about Lousyville but the Salt is flowing mud.

Post Thanks / Like

I live about a mile from the Salt in Shepherdsville and it is up and dirty. Not sure what the lake looks like though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JDOGG if you get out ride down and check the color of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

The old man fished there on Tuesday, said the lake came up about 2 ft or so and was a little dingy but that was Tuesday, no bites all day, guess he don't have the touch there.

Post Thanks / Like

The lake looks good to me. Stained, a little muddy on some of the banks that it. Fished from 5 till 10 last night. Caught 11 bass none of which were legal size. Lake is still probably 3 ft up. Be nice if they could keep it at that level.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catching any crappie over there? Heard it's been slow.

Post Thanks / Like

i went over there wednesday for 6 hours cought 2 crappie one was too small the outher one a ceaper talked to 2 outher crappie fishers one had 1 big enough to keep the outher person was leaving as i did he said he only cought 5 with none big enough to keep the water looks real good ;;dont understand whats goin go over there.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just my humble opinion, but ....
    I doubt that T-ville's Crappie are going to have a "normal" spawn, this year (if, in fact, they have or had one at all). With the flooding, and follow-up dropping of the water level, happening during their normal prespawn & spawn time period ... it don't look good for the 2011 fishing. Also doubt that the Crappie are quite settled, yet, from all these water level/condition changes.
    If the spawn did get interrupted, those fish with eggs will probably absorb them ... and may not need to feed, as they normally would.
    The tendancy for the lake to flood during the peak spawning times, is one reason the Crappie are not doing as well as they should be. The foodsource, habitat, and spawning cover are of good enough quality to produce better size/numbers of Crappie. But, with whole year classes, or portions of them, being denied a chance to survive ... due to interrupted spawns, or lack of spawning potential, due to the major water level fluctuations (during those times) ... the recruitment numbers are in serious jepordy. And, since this has been a factor for most of the last 10yrs ... it does not bode well for the Crappie population.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

If any of you care, when we were at Green River a few weeks ago, the crappie fishermen down there said they were "killing them". A guy we met goes there for a month a year and ONLY fishes for them. He said they were doing so well that they were limiting out in the morning, coming back to clean them up and then limiting out again at night (don't know how legal that is, but anyway). Just what he was telling me and the ones I saw, and tasted since he donated dinner one night, where good size and VERY TASTY (I had never tried crappie before, but will again every chance I get . Just a little of what I saw and heard from Green River.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cra97 View Post
    If any of you care, when we were at Green River a few weeks ago, the crappie fishermen down there said they were "killing them". A guy we met goes there for a month a year and ONLY fishes for them. He said they were doing so well that they were limiting out in the morning, coming back to clean them up and then limiting out again at night (don't know how legal that is, but anyway).
    No criticism of you at all, but just for future reference, this is not at all legal. A "daily limit" is just that, it's how many you're allowed to catch and keep in a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Taylorsville lake

Definitely poaching at its best. So many people do this and I hope they get caught! It's things like that that make Taylorsville have a 15 instread of 20 or 30 daily limit.