Got this in an email and thought some of this was good so I am passing it on.. It is in a way advertising, so if the other moderators think it is tooo blatant then move it or delete it but I did not have time to make it into an article.. and figured if I did that it would provide more free stuff than the board, since it could show up on searches.
Jim Dicken

Wrangler Rugged Wear® Fishing and Outdoor Tips

May 2008
GREENSBORO, N.C. (May 8, 2008)

Tune crankbaits to swim crooked
Woo Daves of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team tunes his crankbaits to run crooked. “When I’m fishing boat docks I know the bass are usually going to be on the shady side,” says Daves. “So I will tune my Bagley’s crankbait to run off to the side just a little so it can bump each piling, triggering strikes as it comes off. This little trick catches a lot of bass other fisherman miss.”

Talk to the fishes
From world champion Woo Daves of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team comes this savvy advice. “After you catch the first fish of the day, let the fish tell you how to catch the next one. In a manner of speaking, ask him where he was. Was he on a point? Was he on a shaded bank or warming up in the sun? Was he on a rock, clay, sand? Was he in stained water or clear water? Did he react to the lure in anger or eat it for food? Put all this information together and a lot of times you can determine a pattern quickly and have a great fishing trip.”

Don't fish and hunt alone

One sees fishing and hunting differently with advancing age. Bodie McDowell, the dean of outdoor writers and a sage on the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team, offers this perspective. “There was a time when many of us fished or hunted alone. For safety and enjoyment, fish or hunt with a friend. Not only will it be safer but you may pick up a fresh tip or two, proving that old sportsmen, as well as old dogs, can learn new tricks.”

Get permission to fish farm ponds

Farm ponds offer terrific fishing. Look for them as you drive around. But, before you wet a line, get permission from the owner. Sometimes such permission will not be granted because the owner has a commitment or a lease arrangement with somebody else. Bodie McDowell of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team explains how important it is to speak with the owner of the pond. After receiving permission, Bodie says you should discuss their policy for keeping or releasing fish, offer to catch and clean a few for them, and also offer payment or services to help maintain the pond.

From Woo: Flipping grass?
When flipping heavy grass, world champion Woo Daves recommends anglers use a small crawdad imitation because it slides through the heavy cover to the bottom more efficiently. “Some craws have big flappers which prevent them from dropping through the grass to the bottom,” Daves said. A member of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team, Daves typically uses a craw with small pinchers like the Zoom Crittercraw. He also sprays it with a fish scent. “It makes the lure slick so it goes through heavy mat a lot better and fish hold on to it longer, too,” said Daves.

Offshore, use the current to position boat and bait
Two of the biggest obstacles to successful offshore reef fishing are stiff currents and big waves. For a natural presentation in rough water, Texas professional Larry Bozka of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team, uses a light egg weight above the swivel. He slowly pays out line until the rig reaches the desired depth. The bait will suspend in the strike zone instead of bouncing up and down with the wave action. Bozka also anchors the boat well up current from the reef and then lets the tidal current carry the bait back to the precise location where the fish have been marked.

Night time is the best time, angler

Big fish put on a feed before winter. Ron Tussel, Wrangler Rugged Wear professional and host of “The Pennsylvania Sportsman” TV series, says trophy fish – stripers, walleyes, bass, muskies – will tend to feed at night and anglers should take advantage of that. “I think the wall-hangers are a little less cautious at night and, of course, there’s less pressure on them at night,” said Tussel. “Anglers need to change little in the way of gear or tactics,” Tussel said. “Except they’ll want to wear a good headlamp and bring a strong beam flashlight or spotlight for navigation.”

Ron Schara: Cold weather hiking dos and don’ts
Ron Schara is from the land of sky blue waters and really (really!) cold fronts. Schara is a member of the Wrangler Rugged Wear Outdoor Advisory Team and host of the TV series “Backroads with Ron and Raven." He offers these dos and don’ts for cold weather hikers:

- Clothing can make or break your fall hike. Wear layers with wicking fabrics close to your body, insulating middle layers and breathable water and wind-proof layers outside.

- Fall hikes offer some of the year’s best scenery and most challenging weather conditions. Always let someone know where you’ll be and when you’ll be home.

- Hiking poles keep you upright and relaxed on the trail. Poles help you navigate tough stretches of trail and water. They also make solid tent poles should you need an emergency shelter.

- A good rule for your fall hike: Take only pictures. Leave only footprints.

- If you plan to hike this fall, keep an eye on the forecast. Autumn weather changes quickly. Rain, sleet and snow can create hazardous conditions.

- Stay hydrated on your autumn hike. You may not feel as hot and thirsty in cooler temperatures, but wind and cold weather can dry you out.