Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

went to cland yesterday...

i went to cland yesterday and put in a conley i ran down to some of my usual creeks and i fished from abotu 2 till dark and had a couple from 2 till about 6 then there was a may fly hatch and shew wee it was on from then i tied on the ole zara spook and went to work ...... i had so many big fish blow up on it but they wouldnt take it i had 2 or 3 3 pound smallies and one huge HHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE green fish blow up on it in a pocket i mean this thing look every bit 7 or 8 lbs and it come out of the water prolly atleast a foot i could see the whole side of the fish and i know it was a monster but to no avail my spook was still floating and it is so gosh darn hard not to jerk when god drops a cinderblock from heaven and it hits dead on you plug.... but i dont know why them devils were short striking it and missing it like they was btu ah who knows i will get em one of these days.... but i went from the back of a creek to the front and the fishing is good from the mouths to a few points back.... i was catchin 6 adn 8 inch ky bass on a spook how crazy is that...... but i am thinkin about goin back tommorrow and i hope to clean house somemore weather premitting i will be in a blue and white ranger with a 175 merc on it.....if ya see me stop and say hello....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: went to cland yesterday...

last spring i was fishin a zara spook with a buddy and the same thing was happenin...lots of short strikes. I broke that by moving up in lure size (to the big 'un), replaced the treble hooks and let the lure sit there for between 10 and 20 seconds between twitches instead of just 2-6 seconds like I usually do....

good luck man