Search Fishin.com

Thread: disgusted

Post Thanks / Like

disgusted

Maybe we need to clean up, and clean out the pentagon. The flap about run down barracks, poor VA hospitals caring for returning vets, and NOW. The pentagon has been using a crematory to creamate some iraqi war vets, in a place that also creamates pets. Guess that thing about being a "dog face" isn't just a figure of speech.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: disgusted

That makes sense we have the red chinese building our weapons for us, the National parks and Corps campgrounds reservation system is run by a company in Canada, you would think we would hire american. I was in the Nashville VA for the third time in 5 days on friday I saw two young men maybe 19 lost and confused in the moster that we have to deal with. They had some kind of rash, sores, on thier hands, arms, and faces. These are areas most likely to be exposed to a chemical agent, but the VA said it is a fungus that is not uncommon in damp aeras and most soldiers get it sooner or later. I guess Iraq has changed it's climate from arrid to tropical. Another litlle tidbit. They have decided that it was more important to build a huge fish pond in an atrium that once had an arbor with a landscaped garden. The pharmacey has a practice of denieing certian drugs for patients on the basis of cost. The doctors have to prove that a vet absolutely needs the newer drug, instead of a less effective but much cheaper drug. yet a 100,000 dollar fish tank is good for the nerves, and the employee recreation center is more important than another bed in the wards. I am all for a happy staff but the patients do not have access to half of the stuff they have hid in that area. Then we wonder why our economy is so screwed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Its the same old crapola. Its not what you have done for us, its what we need you to do for us now that matters.I'm able to recieve some medical benefits from the VA because of a service accident while in germany, but its not worth the effort or time to try for them. thank God my out side insurance is as good as it is.Besides ther long drive, and the long waits some guys need to have a lot of VA benefits, and it irks me that they are getting short sheeted.I watched my step dad die in a VA hospital, he could have had better treatment at a private source, but the sarge bled OD,and believed they were the best for him.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a shame indeed. Thats why so many republicans/conservatives are tooth and nail against Universal healthcare.

If the government can't run it right for our Veterans how in the H*** could they run it for the entire nation?

Of course the politicians would get to see only the best medical treatment while EVERYONE else got the shaft like our veterans are getting right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    It is a shame indeed. Thats why so many republicans/conservatives are tooth and nail against Universal healthcare.

If the government can't run it right for our Veterans how in the H*** could they run it for the entire nation?

Of course the politicians would get to see only the best medical treatment while EVERYONE else got the shaft like our veterans are getting right now.
    Great point....It sure makes you wonder! I felt that way with our local Mayor a few years ago when they wanted to run the water company. Lets look at how they handle business on a regular basis before we give them more power.

Post Thanks / Like

The government would farm out running any medical program. and who would run it, the HMOs thats who.And yes it would be chinese arithmetic, because we let them.Why? Medical lobbyists.Why is it cheaper to get some elective surgery in Thialand than it is in america? I have two medicare bills before me, from the same procedure, from two billing companys, that work for medicare, why?

Post Thanks / Like

But back to my original complaint, who is not making the VA step up to the plate?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe like any Government agency there is a board of directors and a Chairman that report to Congress for their budget each year. My guess is that in the world of budgets the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I also believe that until the public has an outcry for the U.S. supporting the Veterans to the point of total disgust with the treatment they get then it won't change. Maybe it's more important to support the people who do nothing for this country but sit back and receive welfare and have babies? (sorry to go there but it's a sore spot with me)

How many times have we had total media coverage of the way any Government program works? Who wants to hear the we treat these veteran men and women the way we do? Who wants to hear that Welfare is a no win situation and abused to the point of no return? Who wants to hear that the U.S. will send miliions and millions of financial aid to countries all around the world and yet we still have these problems? The list goes on and on doesn't it? With this track record and lack of responsibility why would we ever vote to get them more power? Why? It does not work! Talk about a no won situation look at what we have to choose from in the Pres. race.
    Last edited by DJD; 05-12-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Maybe we need to clean up, and clean out the pentagon. The flap about run down barracks, poor VA hospitals caring for returning vets, and NOW. The pentagon has been using a crematory to creamate some iraqi war vets, in a place that also creamates pets. Guess that thing about being a "dog face" isn't just a figure of speech.
    I followed this story, since I'm from not far from where it happened, and while it sounds shocking on the surface, I think it's important to note that no human remains were ever cremated in a crematorium that was also used for pets.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/09/military.cremation/index.html

But I'm not arguing with the criticism of the VA, in fact, from what I have seen from my perspective as a civilian who has worked in the healthcare field, I totally agree.

Post Thanks / Like

As a vet I feel all politicians should go to the VA for anything medical just like the rest of us. I also think when they get a raise the armed forces should recieve one. I know this is sure as hell never going to happen but there are a helluva alot more of us than them. If we collectively petitioned our representatives they would have to put it in a bill form. When that happens we can see which way we will vote next time. If they know so damned much about the strife of other countries and they care so much about them (sending troops off to war) why don't they require that they serve in the military or not be given the right to vote on sending someone else. also disgusted.........ask yourself why a WAR HERO would not vote to enhance anything for a vet...

Post Thanks / Like

Great question stratosjoe I hope McCain steps up to the plate during his campaign.