Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Toyota Bass Tourney in Texas

Did everybody see this on CBS yesterday evening? This was awesome and even my wife enjoyed watching it. I loved the format with teams and the weighing and releasing from the boat was the ticket for me. This is the way all major bass tourny's should be run. Way better to increase live fish to return to the water, I personally hope this is the future of our sport. Very entertaining the way this was done. What is everybody's opinion and did you see it. Bass fishing on main stream TV on a Sunday afternoon, way cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota Bass Tourney in Texas

Yes, was flipping through the channels after getting home from cumberland and found it. I thought it was a great set up. Weighing and releasing. All those big fish make me wanna fish Lake Fork in a bad way!

Post Thanks / Like

after seeing that lake fork is definately on my to fish list....i am just curious if it can hold a light to santee cooper.....but that was a pretty sweet fishin tournament and i like the way they done it but i was surprised at the size and quality that came out of that lake.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    after seeing that lake fork is definately on my to fish list....i am just curious if it can hold a light to santee cooper.....but that was a pretty sweet fishin tournament and i like the way they done it but i was surprised at the size and quality that came out of that lake.....
    Lake Fork has been producing beasts like that for years. In the spring March mainly, they catch monsters down there on rattletraps and it's idiot fishing too. Any novice down there at the right time can catch pig after pig it's been said by too many for too long not to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that was very good. I don't see FLW or BASS doing that format though because I think they would lose (to some degree) the crowds and associated income with the vendors. But it was cool to see this tourny on netwrok t.v.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Yeah that was very good. I don't see FLW or BASS doing that format though because I think they would lose (to some degree) the crowds and associated income with the vendors. But it was cool to see this tourny on netwrok t.v.
    That is a point I didn't think of.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a kick out of a comment by one of the announcers that some anglers were running to the other end of the lake to get away from other anglers. That lake has at least 50 ramps and you can walk across the bays from boat to boat. It is packed every day. Amistad is the same way. Don't go to Texas if you don't like crossing lines with other fishermen. On Amistad I counted 19 boats on one point, it was like take a ticket and get in line. Add high winds constantly blowing and it is a field day.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good friend who has been fishing Lake Fork since back in the early 80's and it's been like that since then.....Throw a red Rat-l-trap and hold on cause it's full of big momma's.....He makes a yearly trip for a week and when he gets back his arm is usually in a sling from being worn out...... Now I could really like to try that for sure, but it's too far for me to drive...... So I'll just stay here and enjoy Nolin River Lake as much as possible......

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason for the fish being released right away at the boat was because they were not of legal size. 16-24 inch slot limit on that lake. I know someone that caught a twelve pounder and it was not long enough to keep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneShy View Post
    I think the reason for the fish being released right away at the boat was because they were not of legal size. 16-24 inch slot limit on that lake. I know someone that caught a twelve pounder and it was not long enough to keep.

No offense, but who cares about keeping it, I would just LOVE to catch the 12 lber and be happy to put it back for being to small Ofcourse, there would always be that temptation for some to want to mount a "once in a lifetime" fish of that weight too.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I missed something they were not bringing ANY fish to the scales ALL fish I saw was weighed calculated and released in the boat, I watched the whole show, there was no weigh in.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of liked that format. I know several clubs are buying scales for each boat and doing combined top 5 weights of those for results. I think this would be great for the fish - but you would have to trust your club-mates pretty well - maybe a camera shot of each fish on the scale - I think it could work with an honest bunch of guys.