Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Norris Lake Launch Areas

I have noticed an alarming trend on 'Norris and I think is occurring on other TVA reservoirs too. Area boats docks are fast disappearing and reappearing at the same location with new names, and apparently new rules. For over 40 years these area boat docks provided services to everyone for a fee. That’s over 40 years of Public access. Now, there are signs at these ramps that say “No Public Launching.” I thought, as did many other people, that along with the privilege of owning and operating a dock on public waters there was an obligation to provide services to the general public. I think if enough people complained to TVA that the board would at least look at this situation and stop this no public launching policy from marinas, im much the same manner as they did when they stop the sale of TVA lands. If this trends continues it we be hard to lauch your boat at any convenient location. Does anyone feel the same way?
    Last edited by Clinch River; 05-22-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Toney Guest

Re: Norris Lake Launch Areas

It's going to be hard to find a place to launch. It drives you to go to the "free launches" where you get your windows broke and gas stole. Any ideas on what to do about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Norris Lake Launch Areas

It is my understanding that each marina has a unique contract with TVA. I believe as part of the contract that these marinas must allow public launching(for a reasonable fee). I also think these marina/resorts are just hoping that that they will not be an organized effort to oppose them. If enough people where concerned we could organize an effort to present this to the TVA board for a solution. If fishing organizations would support an effort like this I think we could get some results. I would be glad to work with anyone intweresed in trying to get an effort going. If you know of other people interested please pass this along.

Thanks