Search Fishin.com

Thread: Alot of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of Fun!

Took 5 minutes to get it in on a 6ft spinning rod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1480.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	672  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alot of Fun!

That was fun, Don you and Splitshot need to quit fishing for them ole mudrollers, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    These things don't give up! I fought her for a few and then Brian had his turn because I had to lean over and pull a laydown up because she wrapped me up. That's two on jigs this month! I started casting at them after this catch I'm totally into catching these fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Mark,
    These things don't give up! I fought her for a few and then Brian had his turn because I had to lean over and pull a laydown up because she wrapped me up. That's two on jigs this month! I started casting at them after this catch I'm totally into catching these fish!
    Don do some research and you will find alot of fellas that actually target carp. It's huge in England and there are several different methods to catch them other than the ole dough ball stuff. There is a time during the year in which they surface feed on bugs this is when guys use flyrods on them with cast fly's and the like. Imagine a 15 or 20lb one of those dudes on a flyrod, YeeHaa.

Post Thanks / Like

is that on barren...it looks just like the little cut at the stae park ramp and i know the carp have been everywere down there the last couple of weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, that was on Lake Ellerslie in Lexington. It's the lake off of Richmond road across from Jacobson Park. Regardless, I'm hoping to get my daughter to catch one soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don,ill have to let you know the next time on the river if the carp are real thick in this spot i go to.Me and my father were down the a few weeks ago and were catching them like crazy,20,30,40#s and up.I have a lot of people look at me crazy when i said once i caught the first one i didnt leave and just kept going for them,lol.It was a blast!!!The name of a fish doesnt matter as much to me as a stretched line.I catch alot of rough fish on the river and glad for everyone.Let me know if you ever want to go,ill show you around.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir that would be fun! What kind of equipment were you catching them on? What did you use for bait?

Post Thanks / Like

I was catching them on my bass rigs casting for stripers with a rattle trap and snagging them they were so thick on this bank.Theres alot of gar in there to and there a blast.P.M sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at them guns on you boy. You got that crazy looking dude with his pinkie in his mouth as an avatar, and having never met you in person I pictured you as Dr. whatshisname from the movie. Funny how that works.

Nice fish. Get a box of frozen corn, and you can have some fun with those bugle lipped bass. When my sons were younger, we'd put a few kernels on a hook under a bobber, and it was on. If it's an urban lake, toss some corn out in the area where everyone feeds the ducks, and prepare to get your string stretched. Quickest way to get your daughter hooked up guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I know what you mean, perceptions based on nothing more than words can be way off. Come to think of it, I think Dr. Evil from the movie was based on me...at least according to my exwife.