Search Fishin.com

Thread: Peabody WMA

Post Thanks / Like

Peabody WMA

Hello folks! I hardly post on here but read the board just about everyday. Me and some friends from work are going to Peabody for some panfish and a fish fry around mid-June. I haven't been since 1999 and was wondering if there should be anything I should be on the lookout for as far as closings related to Goose and Island Lakes. Or would Merlin be a better option? KDFWR says no campfires allowed so will a fish fry be out of the question? I know Peabody has went through a BUNCH of changes since I was last there and any info you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peabody WMA

Quote Originally Posted by BCWader View Post
    Hello folks! I hardly post on here but read the board just about everyday. Me and some friends from work are going to Peabody for some panfish and a fish fry around mid-June. I haven't been since 1999 and was wondering if there should be anything I should be on the lookout for as far as closings related to Goose and Island Lakes. Or would Merlin be a better option? KDFWR says no campfires allowed so will a fish fry be out of the question? I know Peabody has went through a BUNCH of changes since I was last there and any info you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines!
    I know south, island, musky, and ditch lakes are open. We had a bass tournament there in march. 21lb stringer won it, so there are some big bass there. I know its not much help, but a little info is better than none.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about goose, but island is still open last I heard. Some of the lakes are private now, things haven't been the same numbers wise since they pulled bass and took them to Cedar Creek, but better size now. I know of 2 lakes packed with gills and crappie but I think they MIGHT be private now, (a couple of no name lakes). it's been a number of years so I might be off on directions... I need to see a map and then I could get you there.. I'll look to see if I have one somewhere and if I do, I shoot you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc chopper View Post
    Don't know about goose, but island is still open last I heard. Some of the lakes are private now, things haven't been the same numbers wise since they pulled bass and took them to Cedar Creek, but better size now. I know of 2 lakes packed with gills and crappie but I think they MIGHT be private now, (a couple of no name lakes). it's been a number of years so I might be off on directions... I need to see a map and then I could get you there.. I'll look to see if I have one somewhere and if I do, I shoot you a PM.
    I'd appreciate it. If you don't find one thats no problem. I have a buddy that turkey hunts like a maniac down there so I can get some info from him.