Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Catalytic Converters Stolen from Vehicles

There's been about 7-8 catalytic converters cut from exhaust systems while vehicles have been left unattended at the Craigs Creek Boat Ramp parking area on the OH River near Markland Dam. I heard about this first 3 weeks ago. Today another occurred. The ramp was busy but that didn't seem to stop them. Authorities feel as though it's the same person/s doing it and are probably using a sawsall type tool. If you see anything suspicious call 911. Todays vehicle was a jeep cherokee that was parked in the lot without a trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Catalytic Converters Stolen from Vehicles

This is just truly sad. The U.S. is going downhill soon we will be on the same level as Iraq.

Post Thanks / Like

i hope they catch that worthless sack or crap there is no call for that kind of behavior.... there was one other feller on here saying that it had happend to him down around the corbin area...

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me LE could use a couple of "dummY' vehicles and nab the guy, or even a bassclub as a comminity project. Wouldn't it be a blast to be in on something like that?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Seems to me LE could use a couple of "dummY' vehicles and nab the guy, or even a bassclub as a comminity project. Wouldn't it be a blast to be in on something like that?!?
    We all need to on the watch for this kind of activity. Don't think anything will be done till they send some of the "BUYERS" up the river for some serious time.

Post Thanks / Like

Got 12 catalytic converters from a boat ramp at Cave Run several weeks ago.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenknee View Post
    Got 12 catalytic converters from a boat ramp at Cave Run several weeks ago.
    Really......what did you get for them?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Catalytic Converters Stolen from Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Really......what did you get for them?
    Maybe he should have typed in the word "Someone" at the beginning of that statement?????

Post Thanks / Like

If the police thought it was important, they would do something about it!But that would mean work. Besides the courts would probably put them on un supervised probation, because it costs too much money to send them to jail.Crooked scrap yards, and thieves go to gether like cops and dough nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing on the CR last Thursday and there were some folks camping at Helms (which shouldn't happen anyway) that I tried to make small talk with as I was putting the boat in. I got a lot of staring and nodding. The last thing the guy said as I launched the boat was "You sure got a nice Jeep there"...with a big goofy grin. Two hours later a few fly guys said that someone stole cat. conv. @ helm's and kendal ramp few weeks ago.

Thankfully nothing was taken, but it sure makes you nervous!

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we'll be turning into Iraq anytime soon. I hope not. Camels scare me. But then again, they get awfully good gas mileage.

You can't stop living your life because of thievery...if a lowlife scumbag thief wants to steal your converter, your wheels/tires, your stereo, the fuel in your tank, or your whole dang truck bad enough they are going to get it! Especially when it's parked somewhere remote where there aren't too many onlookers. All you can do is lock everything up as secure as possible, make sure you don't leave anything in the truck that you can't live without, keep to the areas with as much traffic as you can, and let it roll. It *****, and it'll make a working man mad enough to murder a midget when his stuff gets five-fingered by some crackhead, but unless you stay at home and sit beside it with a shotgun 24/7 you're rolling the dice.

I'd rather a thief take my whole truck than jack it up by taking something off of it. Between the cost of fueling my rig these days and the cost of insurance and the loan payment, I'd gladly give a man an unlocked door, a full tank of gas, and a 6 hour headstart before I called the cops. I'll take my insurance check and go buy a Prius while he's turning my Ford into parts somewhere up a holler. I just don't ever want it "found."

Wonder if someone would take me up on that if I put a note on the window next time?

Better make sure they make a trailer hitch for a Prius first.
    Last edited by MrSplitshot; 06-02-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian I bet that Prius will pull a little Jon boat! It's still on over there!!