No problem, KDFW also has a little pocket size booklet that you can get that identifies all of them that you can carry around with you. Trust me, I've been catching snakes since I could walk and there are either two kinds of people in the world, people that don't mind them and people that crap their pants when they see one. My granddad was one of the second kind, we were noodling one time (yeah, he was petrified of snakes but noodled, go figure) we were going slow down the river looking for holes with a pole and bumped the john boat against a tree. About 10 snakes dropped out of the branches and into the boat. He pulled out his .38 and started putting holes in the bottom of the boat. I bailed out the other side until I heard 6 shots and then swam back and caught one of the snakes (still swimming in the rapidly sinking boat) and showed him that it wasn't a dang water moccasin and there weren't any within 100 miles of the Kentucky river. He never did believe me but started letting me catch the snakes and throw them out of the boat rather than shooting holes in it.

I've been in close contact with moccasins and I think it's just something instinctive but when I see one up close and personal the old jewels retreat if you get what I mean. So I can imagine how somebody that is scared of all of them feels. But I wish folks could just leave them alone instead of killing every one they get around.

BTW, the reason you see more this time of year than others is that it is their mating season and birthing season.